November 24-28, 2004 - WORLD ROUND 2: Holmzini vs. Rahsoul

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• Holmzini

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Rahsoul

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Thursday, November 25th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Holmzini vs. Rahsoul battle in here.

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
damn, rahs....now I see where all the weapons of mass destruction are hidden.. all PROS with those one, guy. cool sample selection and I appreciate you not letting the first segment run into half of the track. as soon as i felt the loop and was satisfied, you blessed me with switching to another banga! Very similar to my style; good appetizers leading to the main feast.

Holmz, you brung some heat as well. Title fit theme of song and I felt like I would have a lot to say on that track. It just wasn't what I was looking for at the moment. If me and wifey just got divorced, you'd get it...lol

R

rah.soul

Yea!! Holmzini, you brought definite hit, it's good to see a stiff competitior like yourself.

Props..

-rah

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
you know both these dudes brought some serious heat, but i had to go with holmz, i love the feel of that beat. both beats were of a really high standard, im just a sucker for that holmz magic..lol

props to both of you man

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
damn, this one is fuckin tough. i dunno if i can choose. i like the vibe of rah's a little better. but i think holmz leaves the bigger impression. i might have to pass up my vote on this one.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
damnnnit thisis holmzinis round right here... both beats are tight, but seriously, if we are battling here, and both beats are tight... aggression gets the end vote to me... actually i dig the breakdowns/rolls, the sample, drums, everything is better on the holmz track to me, love those wah guitars... yeah this goes to holmz; this may be the best beat in the comp thus far.

*rah soul showed the fuck up though, i'll say that.

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hmmmmmm......?

I do agree with the gentlemen that said this is a battle , therefore the hype value should be there. [u did say that righ...?] Aight...so, that being said I think I'll give it up to Holmz duke over thurrr.

Rah definitely got the goods and MORE changes which I enjoyed tremendously. BUT, it's softer than Holmz track. This is a 'battle.' It's sort of picturing Jada rappin to both tracks. I think he'd choose the hyper track, as anyone would.

Both tracks reminded me of other producers [Kanye/Heatmakerz-No disrespect to ya'll]. But I'd just love to hear more originality from beatmakers. I know you guys have it in you.

I guess it's solely a matter of taste for the situation. Again, this is a battle. I'd have to go wit Holmz Slice on this one.

Congratulatons.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Holmz.....You have an amazing ear for samples, and you kno exactly what to do with them right off the platter, its as though they were never samples in the first place and they were written for your song all along.....A true Vet all ready in the sample game....Lovely beat man.

Rah.....A newbie with heat indeed......Fuck, you new guys are makin it hard these days...lol.....Yo, another great beat by Rah.....What can i say?....I have No cons really.......At this point its all about the dopest track in General.....May the best Beat win!

STEEZ

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
holmz - yea i much prefer this to your beat yesterday much more upbeat and a much more exciting track ! infact this is very dope ! good work !
Rah - you must have a dope vinyl collection ! good samples again and the tracks well done i don't think you could have done anything more with this one BUT

im afraid holmz has got you his track woz just the better of two very good tracks !

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Both shits were good, but Holmz shit smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaashed the comp. My vote is for Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.