November 24-28, 2004 - WORLD ROUND 3: Chedda vs. Holmzini vs. ProducerGyal

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat? (choose only 1)

• Chedda

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Holmzini

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • ProducerGyal

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Friday, November 26th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Chedda vs. Holmzini vs. ProducerGyal battle in here.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Gyal I think you made the mistake I made in the second round (track is too slow) too mellow for a battle competition, although you have a good ear and the instruments are sounding good, compared to Holmzini and Chedda they got this one. Chedda came rugged and Holmzini, I think I'm leaning towards Holmzini for the flavor of his track east coast melodic Chedda came dope though real dope. I have to listen a little later to give detailed feedback to all the contestants on their particular tracks.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
you know what, i guess i have showed an open mind. Battle for me is about the Best track overall. A beat can be really good even though it isnt Hype. Anyways, It depends on the way that you see the battle. My beat's name was GANGSTA THOUGHT.... it was named that way because my beat can make you think. That song was picked as a battle of the mind, NOt in the drums.

In another hand, a beat can sound hard or rugged and be borring or else. Im happy i made this far, because i am in competition with the biggest of Illmuzik: Classic, holmz,friction,cold truth and chedda. thanks to everyone that helped me to go this far.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
chedda, this is some straight fire, pardon the pun. i gotta say you have come with heat all comp long. good job with this one son. only thing i would have liked to have seen was some of the other instruments take a bigger part. like a bigger flute part or something along those lines.

holmz, my man, nicely done as always. nice job with the percussion. i can see you put a lot of work into that and it shows.

and gyal, the one and only prominent female producer around here. ok, congrats girl, you take the cake. despite everybody saying this is a battle and beats ought to have a battle mentality, it ALSO says vote for the best beat which means i am going to disregard the vibe and vote for the beat i could listen to over and over. and i'm pretty damn sure you take it on that one.

Hectic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Producer_GyaL said:
you know what, i guess i have showed an open mind. Battle for me is about the Best track overall. A beat can be really good even though it isnt Hype. Anyways, It depends on the way that you see the battle. My beat's name was GANGSTA THOUGHT.... it was named that way because my beat can make you think. That song was picked as a battle of the mind, NOt in the drums.

In another hand, a beat can sound hard or rugged and be borring or else. Im happy i made this far, because i am in competition with the biggest of Illmuzik: Classic, holmz,friction,cold truth and chedda. thanks to everyone that helped me to go this far.

Votings not stopped yet I don't think. It's pretty close. You've still got a good chance.

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
thanks for the comments fam.

yo, holmz, p gyal, best of luck, you both came with killah beats.

you know i wouldnt mind at all if i go out now, ive come a long way, further than i thought i'd get, and if i was to go out to p gyal or holmz thats fully understandable cause i would say these 2 are my favourite illmuzik producers. thanks for everyones support and kind words so far.

peace fam

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Holmz beat is crazyyyy its sound like Twista could spit on it. That remind me my track that i posted on Round 2.

Chedda, your beat is cool, it remind me Dj excellence style. (philsiarri) That kind of track is really popular in Europe. I like your style, i always has. Good luck to each one of us.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
hmmm p gyal, this is how it should be!

everyone likes all of these three tracks; but its an understandable decision, if i like two beats and its too close to call, i may well take the harder sounding track.... because to be honest there isnt much else to go on! i love all three of these, i think you all most definitely showed some skill here.

all in all... i have got to say that holmzini took this. the samples were nicer to me, there was more of a progression of the sounds, the drums were on point, the click ing percussion sounds were excellent, loved the vocal samples... great job to all but this belongs to holmz now.

Cheo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The beats are fire, but the vibe on p_gyal joint is sick. Beat battles are about dope beats and that one is mos def dope.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
ATTENTION:

Please remember to vote for the BEST overall beat. Do not vote for someone because you think the beat sounds more like a 'battle' beat. The question asked in the Poll is 'Who has the better beat?'.

So please everyone vote according to the question.

Thanks.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
All three beats are good

pgyal - i liked your beat but i didn't feel it woz as good as the two previous beats you ahd posted, its not bad but i favoured your other tracks more !
homz - another pretty solid track again i think your second round beat woz very strong and not sure i liked this one quite as much !
chedda - i fuckin loved you last beat and this one is dope, dope enuff to take this round imo ! nice chops, nice balance to the track, good drums would fit straight on a gangstarr album !

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Here To Sum It Up!!!!

Ok..first off congrats to Chedda, Holmz and PGyal for coming this far.

I loved the excitement Chedda brought at the begining of the track. Straight FIAHH! Loved your choice of sounds/samples. Bass was hittin my chest...nice. But...after a minute and some seconds of it I needed aspirin. You abused that sample of the accordian/Sitar..or whatever that was. No disrespect. You have great ideas. BUT it grew tired fast! Not good.

Holmz. You came out gunz flarin. Loved the Mix. Loved the Low End. Loved the wailing vocals. Drum programming was hot. I appreciate that. And while you had more changes than Chedda there, for me, it's up between YOU and GYAL...sorry Chedda.

Now, Gyal. I'm impressed with this young lady. She brings something new to beatmaking. She introduces something on her tracks that I have NOT heard anyone else on this site bring [I mean up to now..I am a newbie]. And that is ARRANGEMENT!!! And 'WHOA' if she's not playing these parts out! She reminds me of Kanye but with 'real talent.' While he depends on musicians [as many these cats do]..to come in and just 'PLAY' on his tracks with NO direction [hence distinction bet. Beatmaker and Producer]...this young lady is wingin it dolo [by herself] taking on great competition with no big studio, just her MIND and a MOUSE [no keyboard]. Hands down. She takes it.

Mark my words. Everyone here will get to say..'damn...I knew HER!' when her story airs on VH1's Driven.

Congratulations girl. You made a gangsta think 'thoughtz' wit this track. You bout'ta make me give you a musical spanking.[watch out thurrr now]...LOL. ;-)

PS-Ya nigas all dope..CAN'T FRONT.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Sup guys?....This battles real neck-to-neck......Some real Go-Getter beats man....

Chedda....Nice sample choices, u helped add a different element to the battle that no one really tried yet......

Holmz......What can i say?....Hi-Testosterone, blood-pumping beat!.....Not as much variation as your usual entries, but i still enjoyed it very much.

PG.....Very creative flip of samples, (if any?), and a wonderful mixing job.....The flute iz ill as fuck by the way!, plus - i really feel those somber strings that compliment the acoustic guitar.....You have a great ear for "melding" different sounding instruments together....

As far as my VOTE - Im still listening....this ones a tight descision.

STEEZ

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Man i had to give it to PG, There was jus soooo much little added things in there that made that beat what it is......Particularly - the "Progression" of the track was what really got me.....Amazing tranny's......That shit got me right there.:)

STEEZ

MR_P

!
ill o.g.
Chedda, thats a bad joint, nuff said, well done.

Holmzini, Nice sample, good work man!

PGyal, another perfectly constructed beat! Very nice, well done.

The quality is so high I feel its now down to whats getting my head nodding.....

My vote goes to Chedda for this one but they were all class.

Good luck ya'll!

Peace

P

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yup yup.. good shite in here... i think the world side of the table was the overall strongest side.... not to say that there was not major heat on the us side but damn!.. this shit dont get any easier!...ive been sqeakin by thus far and maybe i can squeak by again! this whole thiNG is completely unpredictable and uncontrollable.. i uploaded all my beats before the tourny started and i was thinking.. if i can get past the first 2 rounds.. its A wrap i got it.. but much props to all.. shit is crazy competeive over here.. markn , rahsoul, chedda, pgyal, ... its real serious

luxx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn!! 3 hot hot beats. chedda got this one though it's just headbob factor. I know alot of cats judge beats on "production value" like all the little tricks and details put into the the beat and quality and blah blah. but when it come down to it if u can fart over drumbeat and record it on a playskool mic, it doesn't matter as long as its got that headnod, grab the listener vibe.
chedda got that on this one.

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
luxx said:
damn!! 3 hot hot beats. chedda got this one though it's just headbob factor. I know alot of cats judge beats on "production value" like all the little tricks and details put into the the beat and quality and blah blah. but when it come down to it if u can fart over drumbeat and record it on a playskool mic, it doesn't matter as long as its got that headnod, grab the listener vibe.
chedda got that on this one.

Well..I don't know if I can bop to flatulance...LOL...but I think I understand what you're trying to say. And I agree.

In this case, PGYAL provided a hard soundplate open enough that 'anyone' can rock to. It's gritty..musical..and has that 'blah blah' that makes a difference in a competition.

Congratulations Pgyal.

((UNO))

Status
Not open for further replies.