Novice Area

JCFAX81

Beatmaker
Hey,

I was wondering how many novice/beginners we have here on Illmuzik? I listen to the beats produced on this site in the battles etc., and man, some of the stuff blows my mind! Also when i read the interesting interviewes with the members, they seem so professional. So much so, that i feel quite intimidated to put my music on the Showcase because i know i'm so far off the pace (on saying that at the moment i am watching many tutorials so have only really made 1 beat so far ha!)

Would it be worth considering a novice area, where we can post our beats to kinda compare ourselves? Also if anyone is willing to run any tutorials/walkthroughs etc?

Just a thought!

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 836
There are many beat makers here with many different skill levels... Some "professional," some only make beats as a hobby and everything in-between... but 1 thing everyone should have in common is that we're all here to learn from each other and make better music...

Don't be afraid to post in the Showcase. Just let everyone know your skill level before you post... I personally haven't posted in the showcase, but I do listen to the beats and read the comments. Most everyone that posts regularly in the Showcase should be more than willing to listen to your beats and give some feedback to help u improve.

and u never know... your beats might be better than you think!!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@JCFAX81 Yeah like @crog85 said.

A novice area is a good idea although it's true about the Showcase - everyone is fair and gives good feedback. I know it can be hard to post beats when you're just starting out but if this was the year 2000 and you were on some other site it would be super discouraging! Been there, done that. Some of the people on those sites back then were complete dicks.

Don't worry about that here.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thanks guys, so far i think this community is really helpful!

Being a complete dick gets no-one anywhere (please see Maschine forum for examples haha!)
Well there's a few guys on those forums that I remember from years ago. They were on some of those forums I mentioned. But guess what? Those forums don't exist any longer. I wonder why.

members online