Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
wtf hunky!! another rapper in the closet. smh

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I heard Rick Ross thinks he's the best rapper alive.

I guess it's a southern thing.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I heard Rick Ross thinks he's the best rapper alive.

I guess it's a southern thing.

"The best rapper alive" is synonymous with record sales these days sooooooooooooooo....that title changes quite often. The music business is a "business" soooooooooooooo....."IF IT DON'T MAKE DOLLARS IT DON'T MAKE SENSE"!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
On the real....this is an excellent "publicity/business" move by Rick. IMO his album is "bangin" as is but the constant controversy will push it even further. If you think about it....50, Em and that whole camp are getting back from one dude the negative Karma they put out as a team on Ja!

Rick really took it to 50 and all fif could respond with was "OFFICER RICKY"and the mans "babys moms". It's obvious that the people who purchase music could give a flying fuck what Rick did a decade or more ago. It's hella funny to me that the people that question somebody's "street creed" these days never spent a day in the hood......the "real" hood, themselves. There are way too many "well groomed" rappers yappin' about others street credentials.

Em is one of the top ten Emcee's of all time....PERIOD! But if he's smart he'll look past this stunt by Rick. Em might win the "hot sixteen" battle with Rick but "musically" Rick would come out on top.

All in all as long as it stays a beef on wax I'm good with it....if it turns violent and either of these dudes looses their life over it GAME OVER.....Hip Hop/Rap doesn't need that!

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
Thanks for shouting out my camp but Im pretty sure EM will kill him lyrically
PFPFFFFFF AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

dude accept it em's career in hip hop is fucking OVER. in terms of popular singles ross kills him anyways.

eminem is so fucking dead.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
dudes like him, u really gotta watch out for bcuz of his police connection... i hate dudes like that... guys and girls both... and i have a few police friends, but u gotta be careful... some of them are real bastards... they can easily have access to ur information, and send cops to ur crib, or just roll up on u... meanwhile theyre not even in the state.

da relic

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
dudes like him, u really gotta watch out for bcuz of his police connection... i hate dudes like that... guys and girls both... and i have a few police friends, but u gotta be careful... some of them are real bastards... they can easily have access to ur information, and send cops to ur crib, or just roll up on u... meanwhile theyre not even in the state.

da relic

lmao....you're kidding right? Do you guys actually know what a correction officer does? They fucking watch inmates all day and feed them...other than breaking up a fight now and then THAT'S IT!

They are not privy to your personal information other than if they book u in! The are not POLICE OFFICERS that can arrest ANYONE!

This whole "officer ricky shit" is STUPID. It was a job and nothing more. He didn't ride around in a cop car, he had no badge, he carried no gun! They don't receive no where near the same training as a police officer does. The only thing he was probably trained in was lame ass self defense tactics and what to do or not to do in relation to "GUARDING" the inmates.

Security guards at local businesses got more training than he did and they can actually arrest or shot your ass!

BACK ON TOPIC

If Em is smart he won't fall for this. His career is not what it used to be. As a DJ I get a lot of underground unreleased shit that artist are trying to float out there to see if something will pop. I have a few from Em that are straight HORRIBLE! He's trying to find himself in this new era and personally I don't think he will. He needs to get outta L.A, go back to his old stumping grounds, stop fucking with fitty, stick to producing and grab up some of those hardcore underground Detroit artist that are bubblin'. There are many and he probably could start a whole new era in hip hop if he did!

All in all as long as it stays a beef on wax I'm good with it....if it turns violent and either of these dudes looses their life over it GAME OVER.....Hip Hop/Rap doesn't need that!

That could be hiphops final nail in the coffin.
The backlash from Tupac and Biggie fucked up hiphop, people take shit too seriously.
Ive seen a few freestyle battles getting physical because kids cant be put in their place without having to run home for the glock or throwing fists because their honour has been besmirched.
In my time making music and having people ask for feedback I have noticed that there are a lot of people that dont like negative criticism, and some even take it personally.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
lmao....you're kidding right? Do you guys actually know what a correction officer does? They fucking watch inmates all day and feed them...other than breaking up a fight now and then THAT'S IT!
i know C.O.s and Po Pos... trust me, that shit goes hand in hand... believe me.

da relic

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
But the point with that is that he rhymes about selling cocaine and shit and how he's a 'Boss' but he's a former CO. He even denied it too.

Ok....just to feed into the BULLSHIT....because it is in fact that!

Do you not think that there are REAL cops on the street that DON'T sell drugs? Is there no such thing as a dirty CO? Shit, I've been in the real live dope game before and cops were as crooked as I was. I've been stop'd, shaken down and let go....they took the dope and money and split!

Man, some of the most ruthless dope dealers I've ever meet had badges. There is a very very thin line between the good guys and the bad guys. I've had several judges where I live incarcerated for dealing drugs! If all you've ever done was watch the game from the side lines then you wouldn't know this. How do you think drugs get into jails and prisons? You think it comes in through inmates girlfriends? If so you been watching too much T.V. The guards/CO bring that shit in....that and anything else you can get on the streets.

The hustle game is everywhere....behind bars too! I personally know big times dealers that employ dudes with clean records to become CO's and cops to get product to where it needs to be. CO's don't make 25grand a year. They can make that in a few months if they bring shit into to these jails and prisons!

Rick has some what told the story of why he became a CO...its along the lines of some of the things that I listed. He has to speak in code because if he totally comes out and says what he did as a CO he knows what the authorities will do.

I feel like this on this whole officer Ricky shit...if you like him as an artist and like his music you don't feed into it. If you really know the street life you don't feed into it. If you don't like the man or his music or are just a hater period you'll take the officer ricky shit and run with it until you no longer have legs.

This shit hasn't slowed the mans record sells....nobody has stepped to him IN THE FLESH yappin' bout it. He's very accessible. Anybody who frequents the streets of Miami knows that the Carol city cartel is REAL. He's backed by real Zo's, real hatians. Nobody fucks with dude in Miami Period...so trust me, he has all the street cred that he needs!

And him calling himself "The Boss" means nothing. He mainly speaks on it from a musical stand point. Hip Hop, rap and music in general indulges in gimmicks. Calling yourself "boss", "made man", "pimp" or what ever means jack.

If the man wasn't on top nobody would have shit to say....If calling the man "officer ricky" brings him more listeners (because it does) then so be it.....he'll be laughing all the way to the bank over it.

P.S....COPS KILLED BIGGIE AND 2PAC! A HIT MAN WITH A BADGE IS STILL A HIT MAN...A DOPE DEALER WITH A BADGE IS STILL A DOPE DEALER!

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Not sure if you guys know... but Rick Ross is an actual drug dealer.. not the rapper an actual person named Rick Ross who is.."known" for being the Walmart of Cocaine. The rapper took the name just like 50 cent did and used it as an image. That is all.

Found the dude on Wiki for some info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Ross_(drug_trafficker)

Saw him the first time in American Drug War: The Last White Hope.

I dont see how this doesn't connect the dots.

Ricky Donnell Ross = Real sentenced drug trafficker

William Leonard Roberts II = PO ... no name relation to Rick or Ross.. His real rap name would be Billy Bob if slanged.. lol Thats not cool at all.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Ok....just to feed into the BULLSHIT....

what u wrote is EXACTLY what im talkin bout... he's got connections in all directions... thats exactly what im talkin bout... he can get cats after u, and he wont even be in town to be linked to it... but im mainly talkin bout cops n corrections... i live in NYC... of course i know bout crooked cops... thats why i brought it up.

da relic

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
what u wrote is EXACTLY what im talkin bout... he's got connections in all directions... thats exactly what im talkin bout... he can get cats after u, and he wont even be in town to be linked to it... but im mainly talkin bout cops n corrections... i live in NYC... of course i know bout crooked cops... thats why i brought it up.

da relic

I see what you're saying but you still have to understand that a CO is not a Cop...no where near it. A cop is an officer 24/7 365 a CO is only referred to as an officer while in the jail. They don't carry a badge, only a work i.d like anybody else that has a descent job. If they're out and about and try to flex like a cop they'll get charged with impersonating an officer like you or me! In some places they're called CO but in others they're called "Jailors".

Anyway, it's a mute point. I personally don't think dude has any affiliation with law enforcement what so ever. Some of your homeboyz probably got more ties to the cops than he does. Hell, the average MF wants to do the crime but not do the time and they'll turn fed on your ass faster than I can post this reply. Hell fitty has been said to have long conversations from time to time with the Police as well. Once again "it's all bullshit" imo. Hip Hop/Rap is the only sector in music that just can't get right no matter what......now I C why!