NYC , Tri State, Chicago, Miami, L.A. All big cities!

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
What's your hustle to get by on the daily? How do you deal with the living in some of the most expensive places to live on earth? I'm sure you compromise with stuff here and the but, how do you make it? I'm officially tired of NC and the run around that comes with the area. I'm convinced that NC has sold it's soul to be the college basketball capital and the powers that be want to keep it that way. I've actually visited all of the places mentioned (NY more than the rest) and it amazes me how much more cultured and open these places are than NC. Don't get me wrong, I love my state. I just need change. NC is a beautiful state but entertainment and culture wise, it's very irrelevant. Share your thoughts though, I'd like to hear how you dudes keep the rent paid outside of a 9-5.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Um...you dont need to go outside the 9-5 to keep the bills paid down here in miami. You do have to have a skill, trade, or career already. Once you got that down, scoop u up one of these fine cuban girls with good credit and great work ethic and you'll be straight. You just gotta be down to work 50 hrs a week, find a chick who will do the same and you cam pretty much make it anywhere. Hustlin down here just means your takin food off another man's plate and that shit can be dangerous...especially if ur brand new.

You gotta be willing to hunt for deals for housng tho....I was paying 780 a mnth for an 850sq ft 1/1 that was a 3 minute walk to the atlantic ocean...In a neighborhood where ppl dont got back yards, they got docks and 50' yachts. For that price I should have been staying under I 95 lol...You just gotta look and u can amke it happen, it seems crazy cause i know in durham for 780 you could rent a 4/2, but once you jump in the pool u learn to swim real quick cause down here everyone puts off such a successful vibe that you'll wanna keep up.

If you move to the hood tho...lets just say you might not get the same vibe.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I teach/mentor music/musicians. You can easily do multiple and earn over 800 amonth.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I'm in neither city, from NYC, but I live in an affluent area right outside Orlando, FL...remember, when you live in a big city, even though cost of living is high, the pay is high as well...for the most part it does even itself out.

Lou pays 780 a month for his place...I feel like I'm the one that got jerked...I pay over 1000 a month (actually 1200 with community fees n shit) for my one bedroom spot here in Lake Mary..Just gotta find that place that helps you afford what you need and it really does help if you find a chick who is willing to bust some ass to get money.....like mine does....Basically that goes for everywhere you wanna live....

But I agree on the culture thing, FL lacks that for the most part with the exception of Miami...

The cities you mention are also cultural centers..so you would expect that....

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont know ur situation but of ur ready to buy somethng south florida is great right now...earlier this year me and my old lady copped a 1300 sq ft 3/2 5 minutes from dwn twn Fort Lauderdale for 85 stacks...last time it sold was for 312,000. Condos are crazy cheap right now too, you can scoop a 2/2 out west for 30 stacks EASY.

My mortgage now is 980 cause im still paying the taxes that were assesed back when the house was worth 300k but by november it should drop to about what i was paying for my beach spot.

As far as pay goes..florida is one of the worst in the country as far as the averages are concerned BUT if your not a usless loser who just shows up to collect a check and you excell at what you do, you can pretty much write ur own ticket.

One other thing...no state tax!

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
I guess I'm just burnt out with bland. I just turned 32 I'm married with 2 kids. I might be going through a mid life crisis early or something. That 9-5 shit is ok,I just think I could be doing more and NC aint the place to do it. Whatever"it" is. Guess it's just phase.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah NC is really a great spot for someone to retire and chill. Eventhough people get their hustle on here in all kinds of ways, NC really doesnt have much more to offer other than peace of mind. Its like the beach without the water...lol. I love that its slower here even though living near Ft. Bragg is like living in the city because it's people from every place you named and a whole lot more here. Overall, I like calling NC home because Im over that fast paced city life BS and I agree with you that its just a phase. 32 with kids...you're in the perfect spot as far as the future goes!

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If there was work for me in NC I would move n a minute...people are soooooo effing cool up there, even tye racist white trash crackers are nice as pie. People look you in the eye, hold open doors, and when you put your blinker on instead of starting a race people actually slow down and let you in lol. I found the women soooooo much friendlier too. Miami is cool, but dont bring your kids down here...the "culture" of large cities brings scumbags and scoundrels with it.

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Yeah NC is really a great spot for someone to retire and chill. Eventhough people get their hustle on here in all kinds of ways, NC really doesnt have much more to offer other than peace of mind. Its like the beach without the water...lol. I love that its slower here even though living near Ft. Bragg is like living in the city because it's people from every place you named and a whole lot more here. Overall, I like calling NC home because Im over that fast paced city life BS and I agree with you that its just a phase. 32 with kids...you're in the perfect spot as far as the future goes!

Yeah, I'm probably just bored. I still wanna put NC on the map though. It's alot of potential here cats just gotta get they head outta their asses. Might have to hit the road and make moves.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
NC is already on the map as one of the most chill places to be...for the exception of some spots in "Dirty Durham", "Raleigh-wood", and "Fayette Nam"...well at least that's how it used to be back in the day. I know Charlotte got its ruff spots also...but for the most part its a chill spot. Alot of up North Cats is coming down here to retire just to get away from the hustle and bustle.

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
NC is already on the map as one of the most chill places to be...for the exception of some spots in "Dirty Durham", "Raleigh-wood", and "Fayette Nam"...well at least that's how it used to be back in the day. I know Charlotte got its ruff spots also...but for the most part its a chill spot. Alot of up North Cats is coming down here to retire just to get away from the hustle and bustle.

Skid, you right. NC is a transplant spot. I don't mind raising my kids here. I'm just dealing with trying to get these people to understand the value entertainment wise NC has. It's just frustrating me. Me and my crew gonna rock out regardless. I just hate the mentality of NC. The powers that be are OK with following instead of doing their own shit. Different isn't ok in NC unless someone outside of the state cosigns it. It's just stupid. I'm sure every state deals with it though. Just seems more prevailent here.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I just hate the mentality of NC. The powers that be are OK with following instead of doing their own shit. Different isn't ok in NC unless someone outside of the state cosigns it. It's just stupid. I'm sure every state deals with it though. Just seems more prevailent here.

Its like this here except, There arent really any "powers that be". Everything is just kicking off but theres a strong "followers" mentality. I'm tryna figure out how to make creativity and originality the trend (then the norm)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah, I'm probably just bored. I still wanna put NC on the map though. It's alot of potential here cats just gotta get they head outta their asses. Might have to hit the road and make moves.

This is where we need to unite and try to make somethings happen. NC has a market for it but that market has to be strategically hit. Right now, all the potential owners say "OK, we're gonna do it different, We're gonna have something for everyone, monday is jazz night, tuesday is comedy night and so on"...while all the city councils are saying "You know whats gonna happen when you put a bunch of them hip hoppers together".

NC needs to revive that love for hip hop first and then let that love create other outlets. We could revive that love by getting with everyone who supports hip hop and talk about ideas, brainstorm new possibilities, new avenues and such. We don't need to even think about profits at first, that will come once the ball is rolling...

If we could just it started, the hip hop scene would blow in NC, its only a matter of uniting and making moves.

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
This is where we need to unite and try to make somethings happen. NC has a market for it but that market has to be strategically hit. Right now, all the potential owners say "OK, we're gonna do it different, We're gonna have something for everyone, monday is jazz night, tuesday is comedy night and so on"...while all the city councils are saying "You know whats gonna happen when you put a bunch of them hip hoppers together".

NC needs to revive that love for hip hop first and then let that love create other outlets. We could revive that love by getting with everyone who supports hip hop and talk about ideas, brainstorm new possibilities, new avenues and such. We don't need to even think about profits at first, that will come once the ball is rolling...

If we could just it started, the hip hop scene would blow in NC, its only a matter of uniting and making moves.

That's what my crew is about. We trying hard to get these dudes on the same page. We're trying to build with cats but, everybody on their own shit. We gonna keep it moving though.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
you can work in NYC but live in the neighboring states like jersey or Connecticut. its a little cheaper.

members online