O Reily goes after new Eminem video

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
^^^^
Honestly any song of Eminems thats worth a real listen will never get radio play because its filitered to be for fuckin 10-15 year olds. Eminem is doing what he knows as the biz "Making money" If the market was filled with more intellegent music Eminem would dominate the charts. That dude is being not just smart, but MONEY smart.

I fucking hate money... but need it.

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
^^^^
Honestly any song of Eminems thats worth a real listen will never get radio play because its filitered to be for fuckin 10-15 year olds. Eminem is doing what he knows as the biz "Making money" If the market was filled with more intellegent music Eminem would dominate the charts. That dude is being not just smart, but MONEY smart.

I need it too.

Anyways, I just watched the video again, it's funny as fuck. Still don't like the song, but it'll grow on me a couple years down the line, like 'My Name Is'.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
^^^
I think that we all have good intentions on music and that we want to make it have value which I am sure Eminem is on the same boat, but if you want to succeed and be successful that shit comes second to what is selling. And Eminem knows because he has to know what is selling.

If the market ever did crash to dust you will see a real change in the value of music. It wont be worth money it will be priceless because only real artists of music will be listened to.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
never overstood o'reilly's appeal and i've read excerpts of his novel, talk about delusional crap, and extremely violent fantasy with a hero who is thinly veiled version of what he thinks he is. think colbert and that cartoon he does on his show, which i gotta believe his a mockery of poppa bear.

here's an excerpt of an article on the pussy in the new yorker (one thing to note is he was fired before he became famous over something with the falkland island war reporting and then check his novel)

O’Reilly’s account of what went wrong at CBS has him, as always, pissing off powerful people because he won’t play their phony games. The key moment seems to have come when, during the Falkland Islands War, O’Reilly and his crew got some exclusive footage of a riot in the streets of Buenos Aires and it wound up being incorporated into a report from the veteran correspondent Bob Schieffer, which failed to mention O’Reilly’s contribution. O’Reilly was furious, and after that, by his account, he was in career Siberia at CBS. During this period of forced inaction, he later wrote, “on a visit to Cape Cod, Massachusetts, I stumbled upon an amazing story. The tiny fishing village of Provincetown had become a gay mecca!” O’Reilly took a cameraman there and did a piece on the dangers this posed to local kids, but the network wouldn’t air it. Not long after that, he left.

In 1998, after the launch of “The O’Reilly Factor,” but before superstardom, he published a thriller called “Those Who Trespass,” which is his most ambitious and deeply felt piece of writing. “Those Who Trespass” is a revenge fantasy, and it displays extraordinarily violent impulses. A tall, b.s.-intolerant television journalist named Shannon Michaels, the “product of two Celtic parents,” is pushed out by Global News Network after an incident during the Falkland Islands War, and then by a local station, and he systematically murders the people who ruined his career. He starts with Ron Costello, the veteran correspondent who stole his Falkland story:

"The assailant’s right hand, now holding the oval base of the spoon, rocketed upward, jamming the stainless stem through the roof of Ron Costello’s mouth. The soft tissue gave way quickly and the steel penetrated the correspondent’s brain stem. Ron Costello was clinically dead in four seconds.
"​
Michaels stalks the woman who forced his resignation from the network and throws her off a balcony. He next murders a television research consultant who had advised the local station to dismiss him: he buries the guy in beach sand up to his neck and lets him slowly drown. Finally, during a break in the Radio and Television News Directors Association convention, he slits the throat of the station manager. O’Reilly describes each of these killings—the careful planning, the suffering of the victim, the act itself—in loving detail.

In the novel, O’Reilly splits his alter ego in two, by creating a second tall, b.s.-intolerant Irish-American, a New York City homicide detective named Tommy O’Malley. O’Malley is charged with solving the murders that Michaels has committed, while competing with Michaels for the heart of Ashley Van Buren, a blond, busty aristocrat turned b.s.-intolerant crime columnist. Michaels, a possibly once good man driven mad by broadcast journalism, tells Ashley, “Journalism, as you know, is a profession that requires its participants to be aggressive, skeptical, and persistent in pursuit of the truth. Yet, the moment you enter your own newsroom, you’ve got to drop all that. The managers want total conformity. They want you to play the game, to do what you’re told to do.” And, later, “It’s a self-obsessed business. ‘How are things going to impact on me? Is this person my friend or my enemy? I’ll get him before he gets me.’ That kind of thing. It’s a brutal way to live.” Again and again, O’Reilly’s characters remind us that on-air broadcasters are among the most powerful and glamorous people in America, and so the stakes in television newsroom politics could not be higher.

Tommy O’Malley, too, has a lot of ambition and rage, but he channels it into bringing bad guys (not just Michaels but a collection of urban ethnic street punks out of the old “Dirty Harry” or “Death Wish” movies) to justice. Michaels, though rejected by the suits, the swells, and the phonies, is not entirely immune to their values. He lives in a mansion, eats filet mignon, dresses stylishly, and can’t dismiss the A-listers from his consciousness. He is drawn to places like Malibu, Martha’s Vineyard, and the Upper West Side, partly to carry out his murders and partly because a kind of psychological undertow pulls him there. O’Malley seems not to know that they exist; he is broke and not stylish. He is morally redeemed by the police mission, just as Michaels is morally damned by television.

you can read the rest here http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2006/03/27/060327fa_fact?currentPage=all

dudes a douche, a sexual harassing douche who had to pay off due to his douche-ness and asshats ways......

that being said, the song sucks, imo, and when i saw the vid i felt like i was time traveling, not only is the same ol', same ol', but some of the references are dated and would have made more sense a couple of months ago. so far, i ain't heard anything from the aftermath camp that makes me even remotely interested but i know it will get constant airplay.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Shit..

I actually like the song... I like the video a lot... It's just satirical

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
When will Bill learn that opening his mouth (and as frequently as he does) only makes him the same, if not worse, than the things he claims to stand up for.

What a smug simpleton.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
MTV News

Eminem's 'We Made You' Video Slammed By Bill O'Reilly

MTV News said:
Citing the attacks he received from women's groups for his criticism of veteran reporter Helen Thomas' views on terrorism, O'Reilly said he was upset that women's group are not protesting Slim Shady, adding that "left wing" media outlets such as NBC News, The Los Angeles Times and The New York Times have not taken the rap icon to task. O'Reilly accused them of being biased against Palin and opined that if a singer such as Travis Tritt made a derogatory reference about Hilary Clinton or Michelle Obama in one of his records, the outlets would "kill him."

Kontents said:
If Travis Tritt did something out of his own style like that then yes that would happen to his outlet... Eminem is still doing what he has always done...

MTV News said:
O'Reilly's guest, feminist Tammy Bruce, declared that Em's "objectification of Palin meant that all women can be used."

"Eminem is obviously on an obscene rant about Sarah Palin, it's totally obscene, totally inappropriate," O'Reilly continued.

Kontents said:
Somebodys got a crush on palin....

MTV News said:
"All I want to do is repeat that Eminem means nothing," he ended. "The video means nothing. It's played for kids that are confused."

Kontents said:
Im confused...I'm not a kid either.. I just dont understand how you can say Eminem is nothing and the video means nothing...if your reporting on it...does that mean you just reported nothing?...

MTV News said:
At press time, a rep for Eminem had not responded to MTV News' request for comment.

38th||

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
O'Reily is an idiot... for the most part his tactics are the same... find something to talk about, then find activists that are against the same thing and have them on the show. It's win-win for him. Its an old press trick. like saying black people arent as smart as white people then inviting a few Klansmen to do the rebuttal.

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1myu6_8mile-every-eminem-song-ever_fun"]Dailymotion - 8mile: Every eminem song ever..., a video from Blerds. blerds, mile, mike, bridenstine, Kim[/ame]

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
^^^^

@Kontents:
The average teenager isn't intelligent. The average teenager constitutes a large portion of the music buying public. Hence, intelligent music will never dominate the marketplace. Circular argument.

O'Reilly's smart
He panders to a conservative audience, who doesn't like hip-hop. Slamming Eminem makes him more popular with that demographic. The more you hate O'Reilly and talk about it, the more his fans love him.

You're not his target demo. He doesn't give a shit about your opinion.

It again... is about making money.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
@Kontents:
The average teenager isn't intelligent. The average teenager constitutes a large portion of the music buying public. Hence, intelligent music will never dominate the marketplace. Circular argument.

O'Reilly's smart

You're not his target demo. He doesn't give a shit about your opinion.

It again... is about making money.

Agreed. We do have a very dumbed down youth.

LOL@He doesn't give a shit about your opinion.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
it's not really about eminem, ultimately it's all about his fav person, himself. here he gets to do a long go-around to attack those who have taken him to task, in this case feminists and of course liberals, and like any right wing pundit worth the air they breathe, create a faux outrage and make it seem like they actually care about the images or negative opinions of women. it's comical, ingenious, and old tried and true tactic they've done for decades, but it looks more desperate as they get more outlandish with it and chicken little it to death.

trust, his and others baiting tactics have been less impact as people have simply ignored and failed to react. obama did rush the biggest favour in recent memory, and added to a ratings boost for him. sure, it sent the republican party in disarray and exposed the pussiness of micheal steele but it also legitimized rush again just when him, drudge, bill, savage, malkin, et al have been reduced to desperate conspiracy theories that only the most bat shit crazy wing nuts were having aneurysms over.

bill will have his audience, probably continue to win his time-slot 'til he retires the show or it becomes obvious that it no longer yells to it's viewers replaced by something similar. he'll continue his asshat ways hoping to hook somebody in his asshat net and then yell at them, cut them off, and turn off their mic. nothing new.he'll feud with olbermann, pretend he's not rich or a republican but a centrist, he'll continue to hate rush because he gets what bill has yet to achieve, relevancy and legitimate voice in the conservative circles that matter. the people may enjoy his show but they don't follow him off a cliff like they do rush, cue animosity.

for a dude who loves to dish out he's extremely sensitive, hence his war on bloggers, the 'net, 4-chan and the like, etc.. for perceived slights.

ignore and at times take the opportunity to bring up the shit he doesn't want known or remembered, that's how you deal with his type, the worthless pundits

O' Reilly is a conservative scum bag lap dog to the republicans.
There was a time when current affairs show presenters where unbiased and impartial, but not any more.
He is another one of bush's old pitbulls who cant see the truth in front of their face if it doesnt toe the party line.
And like God said, hes in it for the money just as much as Eminem is.

What the heck is "intelligent music" ?

KRS 1, Brand Nubian, Tribe Called Quest, Del La Soul...etc etc.
Intelligent music teaches you something you may or may not have experienced/learned for yourself.
Intelligent music doesnt equal talking about the same old stereotypical things like, money, drugs sex and acting like a gangster even when their from some blessed life and never lived on the streets.
Intelligent music seeks to enlighten the masses to the wool thats been pulled over their eyes.
The reason people are so fucking stupid these days is because they have been brainwashed into beleiving material things and money are the measure of success in the world.
Making the world a better place is no longer cool.