October 9-10, 2014 - Comments & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from October 9-10th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on October 9th at around 8am ET, and end around 8pm ET. Voting will be for 1 day, on October 10th, where the results will be posted the same day.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the voters will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2014100910.png

Last edited:

macndabox

UnGenre Productions #unGenre
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I think you should alternate between themes and freeflow... I'd like to flip a few themes...

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I dig it. However...

I dunno, I feel like there might be a lower turnout with the themes because of personal interest or lack thereof within the themes. But if its perceived as a job I feel like it pushes the boundaries of us as artists and makes us better. Doing something we may not be used to, and then following directions on time limits, etc.

Just some thoughts.

F

foeny518

i don't like the 'freeform' ones because someone could submit somthin they've put 3 months into, as opposed to busting your ass over the few days you have once the theme is revealed.
also when everyones submissions are so vastly unrelated to each other, its harder to vote for the 'best'.
just my opinion.

btw greets all - been lurkin on forums for some time, waiting to get my foot in the door. might whip somthin up for this one just as a 'hello'.

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20
Think I might try this for the first time...are there any rules or restrictions(when I click on rules the link gave me an error each time)?

macndabox

ill o.g.
It seems to me like Attack of the Beats addresses the no theme competition. Producers can upload whatever they want and submit it weekly if they'd like. Perhaps there could be an Admin vote (like it is now with your feedback) and a popular vote, which opens the voting up to members as well after you reveal your thoughts.

Maybe that frees up the Beat This! Competition for project oriented producers in the mood for a challenge either weekly or bi weekly.

Or maybe even have basic theme kits consisting of 10 sounds..I dunno..I want to be a more active participant around here. I don't have to balls to upload anything freeflow but I'd be happy to flip a few themes...

macndabox

ill o.g.
The joy in it for me is, I don't have to pick the sample..Every bodies doing it..and I get to give it away with no regret, while tagging this sites url on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online