odb possible cause of death found,roc a fella sold to def jam

M

MIKELABZ

Odb- Damn... Dude Was Smuggling Drugs In His Stomach, That Cant Be Good. Kids Dont Try That At Home.

Def Jam- Well Looks Like Jay-z Is Making More Moves And Will Come Out With An S. Carter Album... Retirement? Yea Right.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
ODB - that could be the cause, but either way it's a sad thing.

Roc - hey maybe that's why Jay-Z 'retired' not too long ago. Maybe he knew this was coming.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ODB - Damn yo, Thats fucked up! I bet that was from when he was locked up... U know how it gets in a joint like that, cats find anyway to get shit in... That would be the only thing I could think of why it would be a "doubled up" bag..

Roc - I heard that was goin to happen so thats not that much of a suprise.. $10 million! Wow, I wonder how all them cats on the roc feel about that?

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
ODB - OD'd

Roc - If Jay-Z drops another album it will be a great, great day.

sAfE.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
Roc - If Jay-Z drops another album it will be a great, great day.

sAfE.

I think he needs too after the black album... I think it could have been doen so much better, but jay is definitly one of my favorites..

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
I don't believe that shit for one minute. Just more people trying to make Hip Hop look dirty. Also, Roc ain't that solid anymore. I heard a few months back that Def Jam only offered like 4 Million. And, I hope "S. Carter" releases an album...on Aftermath.

Ctrl

M

MIKELABZ

M!nd_Ctrl said:
I don't believe that shit for one minute. Just more people trying to make Hip Hop look dirty. Also, Roc ain't that solid anymore. I heard a few months back that Def Jam only offered like 4 Million. And, I hope "S. Carter" releases an album...on Aftermath.

Ctrl

U DONT HAVE TO BELEIVE IT, JUST TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS... I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE SOMEBODY WOULD PLANT A PLASTIC BAG FULL OF DRUGS IN A DEAD RAPPERS BODY... THIS AINT OJ SIMPSON, THIS IS ODB, A RENOWN DRUG ATTIC AND CRIMINAL...

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
MIKELABZ said:
U DONT HAVE TO BELEIVE IT, JUST TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS... I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE SOMEBODY WOULD PLANT A PLASTIC BAG FULL OF DRUGS IN A DEAD RAPPERS BODY... THIS AINT OJ SIMPSON, THIS IS ODB, A RENOWN DRUG ATTIC AND CRIMINAL...

I respect your opinion Mike, but my education has shown me to always question everything. On a related note, I don't trust the government, I don't trust cops, I don't trust the media. Yeah, he was a drug addict, but I'm not gonna hold that against him. It's perfect for some crooked motherfuckers in suits to make Hip Hop look bad. I don't believe it would be about ODB if someone were to plant something it would be about the music/the industry. Let's say it was about ODB, doesn't a situation like that help the media criminalize African Americans more. Look at the nightly news, my man. The media wants us to believe that African Americans commit crimes and belong in jail. I know better than that. What about White collar criminals? Those fuckers in suits cause more damage that any race could. Those fuckers take away peoples pensions and pollute the environment, and maybe worst of all they instigate wars for their own benefit.

Christians are running the U.S. and they want you to believe in their values. Fuck their values! I was raised Catholic, but I have more sense now and besides that its wrong for anyone to enforce there values on anyone else.

Don't believe the hype.

Ctrl

M

MIKELABZ

M!nd_Ctrl said:
I respect your opinion Mike, but my education has shown me to always question everything. On a related note, I don't trust the government, I don't trust cops, I don't trust the media. Yeah, he was a drug addict, but I'm not gonna hold that against him. It's perfect for some crooked motherfuckers in suits to make Hip Hop look bad. I don't believe it would be about ODB if someone were to plant something it would be about the music/the industry. Let's say it was about ODB, doesn't a situation like that help the media criminalize African Americans more. Look at the nightly news, my man. The media wants us to believe that African Americans commit crimes and belong in jail. I know better than that. What about White collar criminals? Those fuckers in suits cause more damage that any race could. Those fuckers take away peoples pensions and pollute the environment, and maybe worst of all they instigate wars for their own benefit.

Christians are running the U.S. and they want you to believe in their values. Fuck their values! I was raised Catholic, but I have more sense now and besides that its wrong for anyone to enforce there values on anyone else.

Don't believe the hype.

Ctrl

WE AGREE ON MANY THINGS, BUT ALL IN ALL...ODB HAD DRUGS OF SOME SORT IN HIS SYTEM WHICH LED TO HIS ULTIMATE DEMISE.

T

The Bastard

whats so hard to believe that he swallowed a bag of drugs? he got pulled over and had bags of drugs in his trunk. if i was about to get caught id do that shit to, well now i wouldnt , but i wouldve

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
eXampuL_oNe said:
I think he needs too after the black album.....

word man, he needs to do an album with the Kanye West + Just Blaze formula again, that works so well.

sAfE.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
ODB- R.I.P

ROC- Yall didnt hear, they were offering Jay a spot there, they're trying to get rid of L.A. Reid.... that means Jay will be in control of BOTH companies... then.. who needs records sales... when ur making money off of everyone elses record sales....

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
M!nd_Ctrl said:

Don't believe the hype.

Ctrl

You don't make sense man, like Mike said ODB is a KNOWN DRUG ADDICT, look at him in his interview on Rap CIty, he could barely talk, I'm black and we need to stop making excuses for stupidity point blank, now on the ROC thang, it sold so cheap because it was sold without the rights to JAY-Z, had he been on the roster it would have easily gone for 200 million, also CAM has left the building!!

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
M!nd_Ctrl said:

Ctrl

Ok ROC isnt as good as it woz but isn't kanye still on it right ? i would imagine his next album is gonna re-coup that kinda output when it drops !

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Wow, that man made a major move... He sold Roc-A-Fella to Def Jam for 10 million, and he's running both now! So in a way, he pimped the game! He got payed for selling his label to his label! That's fuckin dope! Much props for that! (some shit on the humbug) Also ,I heard that Kanye inked a deal with Sony Music for his own record label deal but he's going to stay wit the roc til his contract runs out.. Hionestly i see big things comin from this shit now, BIG THINGS!

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
jaydub23510 said:
You don't make sense man, like Mike said ODB is a KNOWN DRUG ADDICT, look at him in his interview on Rap CIty, he could barely talk, I'm black and we need to stop making excuses for stupidity point blank, now on the ROC thang, it sold so cheap because it was sold without the rights to JAY-Z, had he been on the roster it would have easily gone for 200 million, also CAM has left the building!!

So the man was an addict, I don't care. Was ODB physically hurting anyone else besides himself when he was using, no. Dude, got thrown in jail for crack (which is Coke mixed with baking soda/other shit). A middle class white man possessing (the same weight in)pure powder coke would receive a lesser sentence, if any. This is not an excuse, it's a fact. The system is unfair.

My point to my original comment is I don't have to believe that a bag was found in his stomach. I wasn't there and I don't have to believe what I hear. That would make him a dumb motherfucker if he was having chest pains earlier in the day (can I even believe this), but didn't know or forgot a bag of drugs was in his stomach (maybe it's been in there for months or years). Maybe he did it when he was fucked up, I don't know. I'm just not feeling the story my man.

About the "excuses for stupidity" it is a known fact that African Americans are labeled (with the help of the media) as being criminals. You could be the smartest and nicest African American and average citizens would still think you're a criminal. Look, I don't believe it's right, but it's reality. I think we have to scrutinize the media before we believe any more of this "Blacks are criminals" bullshit.

The media is not out to praise Hip Hop music. How many famous people have died with "cause unknown." If it is true, did they really have to broadcast it to the nation. Oh well I guess he was just another crackhead.

I'm done.

Ctrl