Odd request

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
My setup involves an old pioneer reciever as the amp ( I know, I know)
Thing is, I pick up FM from the local college radio station no matter what the input selector knob says.
Do any of you know about a filter or something I could use to kill that signal leakage?
Maybe I should go in the case and disable the radio altogether...
Opinions?
Thanks in advance

STOP LAUGHING AT MY RIG!

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
Looks like this topic is changing.
My plan was to never put any money into my gear that wasn't made by my gear.
Pretty successful so far, but I have a crappy gear list as a result.
How do you know when you're absolutely being held back by your equipment?

I feel like there's still so many methods and techniques I need to master on the software and recording side that buying any thing better than what I have now would be a waste, like taking a boar to a beauty salon...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
How do you know when you're absolutely being held back by your equipment?

When you have a flathead screwdriver and a phillips screw. =) You really need to have the right tools for the job, not necessarily the most expensive. I mean, if that was all that I had then I would use it until I got the right tool. Then I would use that until I could afford a better tool. So I wouldn't really call it "being held back", let's just say that if I couldn't afford to shop at boutiques, I would shop at Wal-Mart.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304

Johan Brodd

Battle Points: 1
It's this simple: If you put in sh*t, then you get sh*t out.

Good gear is always a must have. I'm trying to avoid old broken gizmo's even though they may provide a favorable sound. Make sure that your gear is grounded properly. This will get rid of most background noises. My Ex gf had an old bulky ungrounded stereo, whenever any home appliance was activated, a big spike was heard in the stereo, all frequencies, at maximum volume. Smack! It picked up several radio stations as well, and when I tried to record some music, that old bastard recorded it as well. So do yourself a big favor and get proper gear!

members online