ok...

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
i know about drum changeups now, but should you also change up your snare patterns also? what about hats, bass- should you change up every sound like you do to drums? should every pattern be different from the next- so 100 diff patterns put together makes 1 good beat? i usally make 2 or 3 diff drum patterns but usally the rest of my sounds stay the same. would this make my beat sound monotonus and therefore it would be a sleeper..... how do you break up the monotony?- that kid making beats since 2005...lol

"a wise man told me, don't argue wit fools!"- jay-z........

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
you need to practice a lot more then asking questions. try copying your favorite procuders and figure out the basics and theeen come here when you have problems that deserved to be asked.. if you continue asking such basic questions without doing your own footwork then you might get banned out of clogging up the forums with bulls&*$

--peace an gl

E

Equality 7-2521

ayo that kid. im aware you just started makin beats. thats cool bro. one thing ive noticed is that your trying to work out how you are "supposed" to make beat (e.g. this thread and the one about how loud a snareshould be). man this is music. there are no rules. use your ears. if it sounds good, do it. experiment to your hearts content and dont get too caught up in trying to produce the "right" way. make music that sounds good to you. and if your stuck for inspiration or direction, listen to some of your favourite artists shit and analyse it.

ill o.g.
i would say, if its too hard for you to figure out changeups, then dont do em. Just do your loops. And once you get dope at doing loops, then work on your changeups.

Sinister

ill o.g.
ya you really just need to do what's right for the beat. Over-complicating things has been my problem for awhile, and I think I've finally gotten over it. Sometimes the most simple drum loop with a few changeups can sound sick as fuck, so just go with it. To get started trying out different patterns, do what Chrono said, and try emulating some producers you like. You obviously will know what type of sound you want, so the more patterns you try and become familiar with, the more diverse your beats will be, and on point. There's no shame in doing that, especially to get started, your drums will like be from a different source completely, so it'll still be your sound. But my main advice to you is to look at the beginnings or endings of your 4 or 8 bars. The way I usually like to do it is make a bar long switch up at the end of every 4 bars or 8 or whatever. There's no way that will sound monotonous, and by the way drums are supposed to be reliable or else it makes it a lot harder for the emcee to get it right.

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
good advice everyone thanks i'm goin start fuckin wid beats rite now-that kid

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
EQUALITY nailed it....:)

Do what the track requires....Feel out the changes in yer head. If you hear somethin that would be ill in yer head at whatever bar, then go back and edit. Dont trip on what people may say about how it needs to fit a certain format...Yes, change is good, but only do it if the tracks needs it, dont do it cuz its a set formula.

STEEZ

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Equality 7-2521 said:
ayo that kid. im aware you just started makin beats. thats cool bro. one thing ive noticed is that your trying to work out how you are "supposed" to make beat (e.g. this thread and the one about how loud a snareshould be). man this is music. there are no rules. use your ears. if it sounds good, do it. experiment to your hearts content and dont get too caught up in trying to produce the "right" way. make music that sounds good to you. and if your stuck for inspiration or direction, listen to some of your favourite artists shit and analyse it.

word. Its art son, there are no boundries, no templates,,,do what you think sounds frsh! If someone in the showcase or a friend dont like it,,,,fuck em,,,,na mean?

members online