Old School Heads...

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yo Relic - Great idea. I hope I'm not too late to get in on this. Let me know what you need. I got some old school for ya.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I got two joints up already and it's dope. Illmuzik's gonna love this feature. no homo

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Hey Relic,
Getting in on this thing late, but yeah, I am definitely in for contributing. I have about 4000 records, so chances are I can go back into the crates and make mp3s of music that's not yet in digital form...
Keep on refining what the theme / concept will be like, and yeah, happy to help out.
And agreed, it's important that people know how things evolved, and also hear some killer tracks from the past that are as good as anything made today...
This is a producer's forum, if a young producer can hear something from twenty years ago that influences their style and sound in a positive way, it's a good thing...
All other artforms, science, architecture, etc, rely on the older generations showing the ropes to the younger cats so things can evolve and society can improve, it's right for us to be doing the same...

One great quote I read a while back (not sure who it was):

"we stand on the shoulders of giants"

Young people can get so excited, thinking they invented something, without giving credit to the people who gave their time, their blood and their sweat to make breakthroughs and advance the culture....without past generations, we wouldn't be where we are today...

phayzebeatz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
YO! I got mad hip hop vinyl, mp3s, even tapes ..plus crates of classics that were sampled on a lot of those tracks. I'm all about the knowledge and love for a damn near lost art form (when it was primarily about the muzik, NOT: what u did in the streets before you made a record/ who's featured on your record/ who produced your record/ 1st week soundscan numbers/ who's head u gon buss before your album drop... I been waitin for something like this!! I always say some of these cats need to know about Hip Hop Pre-Biggie/Pac era... How Can I Be Down? ?

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
im down. ill get started tomorrow. after i finish reading what i have to do.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
I have been on a few IM's with members who make bangin tracks and in the some of the convos I would ask if they ever heard of artist who had been mad influential on me and my hiphop, and they hadnt.
Like Schooly D , Hasshim , Latin Rascals, Newcleus, Egyption Lover, sorta that era.
Of course there are other eras and what not BUT
Anyway it occured to me maybe this is why there may be what doesnt feel hiphop out there now.The history is being forgotten because its really not bein taught, as soon as its outa "Style" its ..well out of style.

SO that being said Im wondering if anyone would be down for commin up with a page that features an older hiphop artist weather huge or just one of those records you have in the crate we could feature them and give the low down ie, all the above artists all composed mostly at first , and play the song or whatever...We'll think of somthin but if your interested in somthin like this and want to contribute then pm me..

If sounds like a bad idea feel free to post that here as well..lol

Dude, I know about ALL those cats! I was inspired by them. I got those records too.

I'm most certainly with that Relic!!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
how ya'll gonna talk about this ish without the other "Relic" in tha house... man, ya'll better check my myspace and recognize...lol... punx

da relic

We only reckonize this Relic lol..nah man , you need to contribute..
This is just to remind yall we still need help doin the thing!

As you can see its on the front page and its good to see the list growing , but please remember to keep it going!

BTW, if anyone has Hashim and "Its Time" PM me please!

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
" E.ST. the acknicklest one. Owww! I'm the greatest man alive." I am definitely down for this. I am 40 and I remember the beginning baby. Egyptian Lover, LA Dream Team, Schooly D., GranmasterFlash and the Furious Five, 2 Live Crew, MC Shan(LOL), and for all you Philly brothas, I used to love DJ Cash Money and DJ Tat Money. They were da shit. DJ Jazzy Jeff was mentored by, I think, Tat Money. Anyway, Old School, is my shit. My favorite group was UTFO when I was a teenager - "Mix Master Ice......Pick Up the Pace." I will say it again, I am down.

members online