Omar Khorshid - "Rakset El Fadaa"

arab GIF

Lots of stuff in this one! FLIP IT! :confusedphones:

@Armani lol

I sampled this in the most peculiar way ever.
I listened, mining for that gold bit while I'm doing somethin else, then I'm like "this sounds like an intro to a sick beat - I'm waiting for this drumbeat to suddenly drop and go hard", so I made the drum beat and I never even actually used the sample. It just put the idea in my head.

like yk how the music video version of just a lil bit had this ambient sound at the intro, and suddenly the beat dropped and it had nothing to do wiht the intro? that's what I imagined, and suddenly I had the beat.

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Got home from work and heard this, loads to play with on this one @Fade!

Well, i had a go at it before i decide to get some beers in :

Drums have that gritty boom-bap feel. Just listening to the song, I can imagine that the time stretching and getting clean loops would be a bit of challenge. You nailed it and make it sound natural...not too much aliasing or obvious contortion of the sample to get it to fit.

My only critique would be song structure and flow. Would like to see you chain your chops/loops into a more typical song structure (Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Breakdown) and have them flow a bit more seamlessly into each other.

Otherwise, I enjoyed this!

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Heres mine

Snare absolutely slaps!!
The bass is nice as well. That organ chord in the background helps add gravity and bounce. The vocal chops are great and there's some cool atmosphere here. The deep brassy sounding stabs really beef up the vibe of the track (as do the distorted guitars). This is a very cohesive and exploratory flip exercise.
DOPE!!

Drums have that gritty boom-bap feel. Just listening to the song, I can imagine that the time stretching and getting clean loops would be a bit of challenge. You nailed it and make it sound natural...not too much aliasing or obvious contortion of the sample to get it to fit.

My only critique would be song structure and flow. Would like to see you chain your chops/loops into a more typical song structure (Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Breakdown) and have them flow a bit more seamlessly into each other.

Otherwise, I enjoyed this!

Thanks for the feedback BiggChev. I'm with ya on the song structure, noted! (y)

members online