OMG......... I pod dj set up

C

Copenhagen

I was actually thinking about this. That Apple should make a mixer with the same design as the iPod, where you could attach 2 iPods and pitch and mix the music via the mixer. With 2 40Gb or 60GB iPods filled with music, and a little mixer, you don't need more than a bagpack to carry around your whole collection.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
that looks hot. i actually use my iPod with everythin now, all you have to do is hook up the earphone socket to an amp in any system with one simple cable and u got your whole CD collection ready to play.

CDs = slowly slipping into oblivion...

sAfE.

PhleX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
nice idea though... makes it easier for club dj's who just pump out music mixes etc... but scratch dj's dunno how they will react to it..

Rive

ill o.g.
PhleX said:
nice idea though... makes it easier for club dj's who just pump out music mixes etc... but scratch dj's dunno how they will react to it..

Here's one reaction: :splat:

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
This I-pod ish is alright, but the end of DJing? It ain't that strong player. DJ's have been adapting to this type of crap for years. No matter what they come out with, nothing can or will replace the turntable as a true DJ's instrument. It was said that the cd was going to be the end of vinyl and the DJ era. What a joke! Turntablism was so strong that they had to make cd players that one could scratch on. So now I guess pretty soon I'll be Crabbin', Flarin' & shittin' all over your I-Pod too! LOL!
ONE

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Another lame idea to promote lame DJs and Lame Mixing

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
x-squizet said:
man djing ain't gone never gone die man thats gone be around and shit
sorry but the main source material for making vinyl is to be environmentally banned by 2009 around the world

so technically there should be no more vinyl produced after 2009....so it may be inevitable, that the old style of djing will die

trykome

CEO DFM Promoter/Emcee/Turntablist /Producer-(+)-
ill o.g.
Sin:Aesthetic said:
sorry but the main source material for making vinyl is to be environmentally banned by 2009 around the world

so technically there should be no more vinyl produced after 2009....so it may be inevitable, that the old style of djing will die

They will find away to produce enviromently sound wax i am sure becuase with out the DJs the kids have nothing but some dude pushing play on a "CD TURNTABLE" oh my gosh what the hell is that a "CD TURNTABLE" that doesnt even make sense this I-Pod deal is ridiculous i mean come on a mixer needed for an I-Pod what were they thinking thats going to cause the destruction of DJ's who spin Vinyl foir example; some kid who cant even mix is gonna get one set it up and think he or she is a DJ and then probably get my job at the local bar or whatever because of the size of that damn thing ugh STOP THE MADNESS

Try What TryKome

I Will Slang Wax Til I Die

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
(Eyes lookin up at the sky)........WHY!!!!!!!!!!

C

Copenhagen

If you can eventually do the exact same stuff with a CD turntable, iPod or whatever, why carry around loads of vinyls and gear and hurt you back etc. If they can eventually do the same thing, what sane reason is there to keep vinyl (we all know the more nostalgic reasons and the touch of a vinyl). Eventhough I'm an old vinyl DJ, I must still admit that I find these new options very interesting.

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
trykome said:
They will find away to produce enviromently sound wax i am sure becuase with out the DJs the kids have nothing but some dude pushing play on a "CD TURNTABLE" oh my gosh what the hell is that a "CD TURNTABLE" that doesnt even make sense this I-Pod deal is ridiculous i mean come on a mixer needed for an I-Pod what were they thinking thats going to cause the destruction of DJ's who spin Vinyl foir example; some kid who cant even mix is gonna get one set it up and think he or she is a DJ and then probably get my job at the local bar or whatever because of the size of that damn thing ugh STOP THE MADNESS

Try What TryKome

I Will Slang Wax Til I Die
they may learn a way to do such a thing.....or maybe everybody will start investing in final scratch to get that vinyl feel....dj craze is already on the bandwagon

trykome

ill o.g.
the loss of vinyl will kill the DJ i have wanted to to try thr Final Scratch but i am a lil weary abut the sound that the scratcing it makes PLEASE OH PLEASE DONT KILL THE WAX

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I tried final scratch when it first came out and I was'nt too impressed. Before that I demonstrated the Serato Scratch at the Franfurt Music Messe. That shit was the bomb! It was invented before final scratch by a kid from New Zealand. That program was so on point. There was no delay or skipping or anything. Anything your hands could do the program moved right along with you and all with just a laptop! He didn't get it out quick enough and stanton beat him to it. Now he has teamed up with Rane and the product is on the market. At first it only worked with protools. Anyway; there will always be some form of vinyl manipulation in DJ'ing. Vinyl is part of the DJ's instrument. Removing vinyl would be like taking the keys off of a piano. The alternatives to vinyl are already here they just have to improve on them. I mean you can hold 1000's of records in a labtop; and with Serato Scratch or Final Scratch, you only need two pieces of vinyl to play them. DJ Babu said that this was the future of DJ'ing when he tried the Serato Scratch. DJ's are true soldiers who can adapt to any terrain or consequence. We have been doing it for years because of our love for the art.
ONE
ONE
ONE

trykome

ill o.g.
yeah i hear yah BUT WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY i want my wax to stay if the end comes i will revolt against the digi world hang up my puter lol become an analog freak and destroy all the toy ass "CD DJ'S" ok sorry i needed to get that out

WORDAMOUPH

NUPHONIX PRODUKTIONS
ill o.g.
ITS the essence of it! A true D.J has to start with vynil n e body who cant spin on 1200's is generic D.J.

TO me its like the real D.J are gon be always remebered all these cd player cats are like steroid using baseball players. What makes it worse is that these cats arent even close to being skilled as a vynil spining dj! But thats the way the whole world is going everybody is getting less grimey and more pussyfied. Wars arent even fought man to man no more! mudafuckas droping bombs from miles away ! Im just glad atleast im gon be part of the REAL D.J ERA, TURNTABLEISM!!