Once in a life time

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
There are stories that have to happen to you so that you can believe them. What happened to me today qualifies for a fairy tale from digger's heaven. so my dad knows this older lady from the neighborhood, sometimes goes to have a coffee with her. she's well into her 70s, if not already eightys. last time he went there, he noticed her record collection. he himself is a little bit into jazz, so when he saw some ellington records on the wall, he asked her about it. she told him it was the records of her husband who had passed away some years ago. when my dad left, she asked him if he knew someone who'd appreciate having them... today we went there, and i didn't know what to expect, so i prepared for some decent records mixed with a bunch of crap. it turned out to be a life time collection of pure jazz, about 250 lps, plus a bunch of 10 and 7 inches, all originals, and about 200 tapes. the lady told me her husband had been into jazz since the early 40s, listening to it secretely as it was forbidden in nazi germany back then. she too has been a fan all her life, told me about some stan getz and chris barber concerts, but she didn't touch the records once after he died as it triggered memories. she was happy to give me the whole collection, and didn't want to have a single cent for it. i promised her not to sell anything in return, which she was very happy about too. there's a whole lot of great albums in there; monk, getz, larkin, mulligan, bruback, bassie, fitzgerald, garner, and the list goes on. i feel very humbled right now. peace
http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q660/moninho/f15a008352290b1f7781fe2a79d31b0b_zpsd09124fd.jpg

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Holy shit.... That's pretty damn awesome.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yes.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Everytime I click on the link it takes me to mediafire but I get "Permission Denied." Any suggestions?

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
um, strange. only a particular link or all of them? btw, if anyone wants to sample any of the stuff, i'm keeping the wav files.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
wow. media fire says the file has been identified as copyrighted material. i wonder how they are doing that. scanning content for a gazillion of blacklisted artist and track names i guess. moving the upload right now. thanks dude. i'm planning to upload at least a rip a week, so you can check back every other for new stuff.

members online