one of the hottest beats ever

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
well atleast i think so,

this is the new anmerie single, this beat is simple as hell but JAMMING. WHats crazy is that its just a go-go loop.

http://www.sonymusic.com/clips/selection/fu/051509/051509_01_01_full_100.asx

Im sorry man she is doing the damn thing and i have a feeling this beat is gonna set alot of trends. This is a perfect example of a vocalist and a beat coming toghter.

class..

FYI:For those who dont know go-go music live bands that preform an ad-lib form of hip hop.It was created by chuck brown and immenstly popular in the DC maryland area. Big D can enlighten you more about it

ill o.g.
Thats pretty nice. I think i heard this the other day.

I dont know what it is, but i know that guitar sample. I heard a loop of it a couple times, people use it for scratchin.. Its crazy though.

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Thats a pretty dope song, the beat matches her vocals perfectly. That go-go style is definately a fresh concept.

Props for the post Class.

-Roy

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the first hip hop song made using a sampler (by kurtis blow) sampled gogo music (trouble funk) gogo is a dope source maybe a bit unoriginal but lots of quality

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
I was first introduced to go-go when I was stationed in GA from some friends of mine from DC. I'm not big fan of it...but that song was pretty hot. Good post.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
classic said:
well atleast i think so,

this is the new anmerie single, this beat is simple as hell but JAMMING. WHats crazy is that its just a go-go loop.

http://www.sonymusic.com/clips/selection/fu/051509/051509_01_01_full_100.asx

Im sorry man she is doing the damn thing and i have a feeling this beat is gonna set alot of trends. This is a perfect example of a vocalist and a beat coming toghter.

class..

FYI:For those who dont know go-go music live bands that preform an ad-lib form of hip hop.It was created by chuck brown and immenstly popular in the DC maryland area. Big D can enlighten you more about it

yeah Class, I heard this on the radio a while back and I like the track. She's cool too.

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
that beat was actually made by a producer from d.c.,i'm not sure what his name is though,i heard them talkin bout it on the radio,apparently he did the new jennifer lopez song too.but honestly that beat sounds like a chopped up loop from that beyonce song crazy in love,if yall are curious as to what go-go sounds like get on your p2p programs and search for,

northeast groovers

rare essence

chuck brown

backyard band

junkyard band

these would probably the easiest ones to find,i definately wouldn't say it's hip hop,it's got a different swing

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Does Rich Harrison Ring any Bells?????.........or maybe Beyonce and Crazy in Love does...he produced that too..........here is a small article I found
http://www.hiphopmusic.com/archives/000743.html
so much for that though Amerie is hot all by herself sorta semi implanted to DC too..one of the studios I used to go too about 4 years ago worked with her I am glad to see her finally getting the real burn she deserves.......Oh yeah I agree totally that song has a small resemblence to some gogo but I dunno if I would call it a pure gogo loop....he tried to go for some old working the walls feel though.....

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I guess I have to agree with merc on this one. Yeah this song is structually solid, but I can't really imagine me bumpin this anywhere. Yeah the drums are dynamic, but it won't make my playlist.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
x-squizet, I can see you now, riding with the top down blastin this song wit three of you best homies.

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It's good to see folks appreciate my roots in Go Go music. Being from DC, most cats start in Go Go bands because that's what's here.

classic said:

Actually Go Go isn't a form of hip hop, it's only associated with hip hop through Kurtis Blow and Salt and pepper because they were the first to use it in the mainstream. Chuck Brown based the sound around James Brown, Isaac Hayes, Curtis Mayfield, War, and George Clinton.

Now Rich Harrison is trying to bring the feel to the world and it's hot. If you here any DC area producer's catolog you'll probably hear at least one joint with a go go feel because it's so infectious if it's done right. But I do have to admit that like mentioned above, most go go bands lack originality. That's why cats like me, BigD, Rich Harrison, Chucky Thompson and a bunch of other cats moved from go go (at least in bands) to producing.

Big ups to my man Rich Harrison for pulling of the Go Go feel in this track, also in "Crazy in love," a little in J-lo's "get right" Usher's "what ever I want" (Not on Usher's album, but released overseas).

X

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Yea man go-go is pretty repetive to listen to, but aint nothing like a live show. Like i said eariler my moms and whole family is from S.E. DC (anacoistia) so i used to be in the area alot coming up.

I use to love to go to the live go-go's. I used to go to the ICE box, or ancosita park to see the differnt bands(northeast groovers etc..). The enegry tin a live go-go set is very simlar to a down south club.

(beat your feet!!) lol

class...

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
Yea, that Amerie beat is sick. I was half asleep the first time i heard it and i was still rockin to it.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
I've had this song on my mp3 player for a while ... It was big over in Europe. I heard it was originally recorded for her first album but the response in the states wasn't that good. So they released it overseas. Rich Harrison is fucking sick!!! The production he did on her debut album is dope.