one of the reviews for our current EP release last friday..

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
Thought i would share this with the illfam.... got a phatboy review from Cyclic Defrost, for the bass techno EP me and my girl did... this EP is anonymous, which is why we didnt give a press pck out.... counter productive in some senses but in others not.... got 3 more confirmed reviews waiting to be published....

anyway...

http://http://www.cyclicdefrost.com/blog/2011/08/28/persons-unknown-%E2%80%93-psychedelic-techno-music-ep-oeuvre-records/

Persons Unknown – Psychedelic Techno Music EP (Oeuvre Records)
By Chris Downton August 28, 2011

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to locate much in the way of information about shadowy Nottingham-based electronic duo Persons Unknown, so I’m assuming that this download only EP on Oeuvre is their debut release. In any case, the title ‘Psychedelic Techno Music’ certainly proves to be an accurate label for the contents inside, with the four tracks collected here leaning distinctly towards dark, rattling and eerie techno landscapes. ‘Inside Jeff Goldblum’ more than manages to live up to the weirdness of its title, sending dry relentless snares rattling beneath an eerie spectral backdrop of dubbed-out minor keys and bleeps before suddenly unleashing the propulsive sub-bass drops as glittery electro arpeggios play around the jacking tech rhythms in a manner that calls to mind ‘Cuisine’-era Severed Heads.

‘Now Playing…’ meanwhile injects more of a breakbeat shuffle as layers of sinister synth arpeggiation flicker against a moody backdrop of swelling bass, the textures gradually peeling away in favour of dark buzzing synths and scissoring broken snares, before ‘Techno Bailiffs’ takes things off on a hypnotic glide through ominous shimmering synth atmospheres, pressurised percussive techno rhythms and growling bass bursts that’s easily one of the most straight-ahead and pounding dancefloor salvos unleashed here. Finally, ‘Tralfmadorian Understatement’ takes things out with a robotically flexing blur of assembly-line techno rhythms, humming sub-bass pulses and ghostly synth trails that proves an appropriately atmospheric outro to the moody, nocturnal vibes being conjured here. Tasty dark stuff that’s definitely worth investigation.

Chris Downton

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Pub is what you need to be successful! Congratz and good luck with your project.