One or many hit wonders?

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Whats the deal with Lauryn Hill? She's by far one of the best in the music game and she's not doing anything productive right now? Is she quitting or what......and what about Alicia Keys.....is she a one hit wonder or what??? she came in and stole the hearts of many fans and now she's not doing anything, i havent herd from her in a while either. what do yall think?

B

BeatOff

I personally never liked alicia keys and found her annoying as hell. She's very talented but i dont like her one bit. I think its good she hasnt made anything for a while. A good album doesnt drop back to back like that. Artists need to go back to taking their time when making a product so i think she's doing that.

Lauren Hill has lost her mind.

Lo-Key

ill o.g.
Lauryn Hill is definately one of the best. I was just listening to the Fugeez today and admiring her skill as an emcee and vocalist. Such an artist I dont think could ever just 'quit', even if we never heard another album from her again (though I'm sure we will). Lets say K.O. you retire from the scene in 20 years, you'd still be droppin beats for your own amusement right? Assuming thats what you do of course. Make beats I mean. And Alicia Keys? Who Knows. Sometimes you gotta sit back and gather inspiration from whats happening around you.

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
well i dont know about those 2. Its kinda disapointing that its been so long and no hear from them.....Ok what about Arrested Development i hear they have something new but its nothing that everyone knows about just some over seas stuff i hear

C

Copenhagen

It's probably some overseas stuff...like Africa or Asia...cause they ain't doing anything in Europe either...

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
i'm more anxious to hear from lauren hill -- because it has been a long while since she's done something -- does anybody have the latest scoop on her???

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Lauren Hill is missed no doubt. Alicia Keys never really sparked my interest and I too found her to be a little annoying ( like BeatOff ).
I actually gpt some backstage passes at Arrested Developements concert last month here in NC but it would have been a 4.5 hour drive for me to go so I decided to stay at home. My partner went and said they sounded GREAT and the new stuff they played sounded like the old Arrested Developement ( in a GOOD way ).

peace, --dac

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Lauryn Hill released that MTV Unplugged album last year and is workin on new stuff I think. Alicia Keys is making her new album and producing and writing for other people , didn't she produce a track on the last Nas album?

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Well hopefully both Alicia and Lauryn get back in the mix and make it happen. Im more of a Lauryn fan than Alicia but they both are very talented. Who knows whats going on with Wyclef? I herd a diss track he did about pras the other day and it was pretty dayum good!!!