one vst various channels

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Just a quick one .. is it possible to assign one VST to multiple channels in FL? im working on a track with a lead track, i have made another track with slight delay but the same sound as the lead. is there any way to save CPU and use one instance of the vst and output it to 2 or 3 channels??

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Actually, you can... Lets say you're using 2 different FL Slayers (same pattern) with your lead, record them in edison, then drag your recordings over to whatever patterns you want them in. Then go back and turn off your vst's by replacing them with "none" in your mixer inputs and delete the original Channels that you used to record from.

What you've done is recorded your lead (with the effects of a vst) making it a sample, now that sample doesn't need any effects because it was recorded in. Then you went back and turned your multiple vst's off and that saved you CPU versus running multiple vst's all at once =). AND to cut CPU even more, once you are finished with those samples, go back and close edison as well.

Let me know if you need more details.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah this is just one of those techniques that they don't teach but those that get really deep into FL figure out. To be honest, I wouldn't have figured it out had I not ran across the same issues countless times.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
you can assign one mixer channel easily to as many other channels as you like.
Select a channel then left click another channel on the arrow pointing up (below the fader) and it will route the signal to that channel. If you right-click the arrow you can choose to have it route to that channel only (aux/sub).

members online