Online Sales

• beat this! voting starts in...
H

HittMann

How do you sell beats online?
Like a webpage that sales beats...
What is sent to the customer after he pays?
What about the paperwork for leasing, or exclusive, or work for hire, the copyright, etc?
You have to make like a digital contract?

I just see all this process a little complicated without negotiating the deal in person, like royalty points and advances, or the copyright process if it's a "work for hire", or a simple lease (do you send the masters when it's just a lease? or a full track like a downloaded beat??? )

I just want some information on how these webpages sell their beats...

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
My team sells a good amount of beats through our soundclick page (www.soundclick.com/crackcity) . . . After they make the payment we usually send them an mp3 over and if they ask for it to be tracked out we will track it out and either mail it to them or upload it in a zip folder and then provide them with a download link to download the zip. We don't track beats out for leases. No contracts involved . . . Which technically means we still own the rights and can re-sell a beat if we wanted to, but we do not do that . . .

As for payment paypal is the best bet on both ends . . . It's instant and you can talk on the phone to he person or via the net at the same time while they are sending the money and you uploading or sending them the tracks . . .

Our business process are very simple . . . They let us know they are sending payment, once they tell us it's sent we check, if we have received payment we then send them the beat and/or tracks . . . 1,2,3 takes no longer than 10-15 minutes to recieve payment and send them the beat and/or tracks.