Only Good Things

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Cool start, sample is dope, nice and up lifting vibes.
The bass line rings a little bit on my headphones. I think it can be placed down an octave to get in that bass frequency sweet spot.
If you listen to more of 9ths beats, he uses a "push" in his beats quite often.
The emphasis is expected to come on the 1st beat of the next bar, but instead, comes a little earlier, usually on the & of 4 of the bar before (in 4/4).
It effectively puts the emphasis where the next beat comes a little earlier than anticipated - `a quaver before we expect it. Instead of actually on the beat of the next bar, it's on the quaver before. This is making the rhythm sound very dynamic.

Simple explanation of this technique with chords:

Example of 9th using it:

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Cool start, sample is dope, nice and up lifting vibes.
The bass line rings a little bit on my headphones. I think it can be placed down an octave to get in that bass frequency sweet spot.
If you listen to more of 9ths beats, he uses a "push" in his beats quite often.
The emphasis is expected to come on the 1st beat of the next bar, but instead, comes a little earlier, usually on the & of 4 of the bar before (in 4/4).
It effectively puts the emphasis where the next beat comes a little earlier than anticipated - `a quaver before we expect it. Instead of actually on the beat of the next bar, it's on the quaver before. This is making the rhythm sound very dynamic.

Simple explanation of this technique with chords:

Example of 9th using it:

Awesome information brother. Thanks so much for the thoughtful reply. I'll start using this technique when I can

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 6
This is flames.

9th is probably my favourite and I'm sure he wouldn't be disappointed with this one.

@TWU with some useful tips for others there.

members online