Originality, that damn originality... (pseudophilosophical bs)

Battle Points: 153
Donald Trump GIF by CBS News
XD

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
People @Stona Persona en masse don't like to be informed of things that supposedly matter.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 545
Why bother aiming for another direction?
Ask Timbaland.

or refer back to your original quote, to "evolve."

Where's the evolution in just staying the same? or only doing whats been one.

There will be always be people doing it ‘the best’ so that means you will never have to give it a shot or there is no podium place for you?
Well, you tell me then... what would be the purpose of me creating Scott Storch beats? What do you believe realistically that's going to achieve? If they want a Scott Storch beat they will go to Scott Storch.

You are limiting yourself in my point of view.
I'm liberating myself.
It would be limiting for me to say "I'm going to make the same 1 scott storch type beat always." Very limiting.
At best it'll excite a few people like Arvin or whoever who will say it's dope. But it can never go anywhere.

Become the competition

If you're copying what's already been done, you aren't the competition --- they're ahead of you and past it. They're already the go to name for what they do.

To become the competition, become yourself, and become what's next.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
The @Iron Keys main problem is businesses (record labels in this context) follow formulas via focus groups, etc. and when they do find that next thing, the natural reaction is to attempt to copy it.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
The @Iron Keys main problem is businesses (record labels in this context) follow formulas via focus groups, etc. and when they do find that next thing, the natural reaction is to attempt to copy it.
Tbf they do it through money mostly too. Massive promo campaigns.

But the thing is, if you do your own thing and its dif, it'll get picked up by A&Rs when they happen across it.

Battle Points: 153
No fucking A&R is ever gonna cross your page man..lmao. With your attitude chances of getting hit by the Japanese bullet train while sitting at home watching telly is bigger than your A&R dream.

You should create whatever the fuck you feel like, and envision the artists you like on your music...(lots of climbing up artists wanna sound like them, so find THEM!
Not many people fuck with that Storch shit your right, than see what works for you..and engage with artists. And don't shoot your arrows at us because we still enjoy music and try to make music that for artists within our genre. Even tho its been done 1000 times, who the f-- cares? You can still deliver quality music and build up that name you wanna get out there.

Most rappers start with selling from the trunk in the hood, passing dem cd's out. noboby just ''gets famous instantly'' dawg.

gordon ramsay head back to your station GIF by Masterchef

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
No fucking A&R is ever gonna cross your page man..
I'm just out here having an honest discussion about originality and evolving music. You're out here looking to insult.

Which is more fool you as you have no idea the contacts and communication I've had and with whom in the industry.

The info I give on here is largely informed by direct conversations and interactions I've had with them

Adios

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
People @Iron Keys only want what's been shoved down their throats aurally and visually and @Greg Savage told me there is an audience for everything.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
No fucking A&R is ever gonna cross your page man..lmao. With your attitude chances of getting hit by the Japanese bullet train while sitting at home watching telly is bigger than your A&R dream.

You should create whatever the fuck you feel like, and envision the artists you like on your music...(lots of climbing up artists wanna sound like them, so find THEM!
Not many people fuck with that Storch shit your right, than see what works for you..and engage with artists. And don't shoot your arrows at us because we still enjoy music and try to make music that for artists within our genre. Even tho its been done 1000 times, who the f-- cares? You can still deliver quality music and build up that name you wanna get out there.

Most rappers start with selling from the trunk in the hood, passing dem cd's out. noboby just ''gets famous instantly'' dawg.

gordon ramsay head back to your station GIF by Masterchef
I think its a miscommunication happening here. While @Iron Keys kinda tends to sound like hes shitting on everything unoriginal or the "1 type beats" I think i kinda got what his motive is. I realized im kinda the same way, i just dont use others work as negative reference so much.
The topic here is about being original not making money or building a brand.
How you get money and what you use to get it, is totally up to you since i think originality gets recognized over time. So marketing wise its totally understandable to milk out those wnb Baby's and Pump's, you re absolutely right on that.

But we try to discuss how to break out of the box, bring in some fresh air . As i understand it does have nothing to do with quality. Your shit, even if it was done before can have dope quality and sound dope and thats totally fine. But there always will be ppl like me and perhaps @Iron Keys who just want to make something new, its nothing about business, money or whatever, its just like an adventure.

Back in the days ppl who tried to explore the ocean got told by the majority that they would fall off the edge of the world and therefore it was a dumb idea, they still did it.

Such adventures can get lonely so i kinda understand the frustration of some ppl which then try to push others into something they might not want to. As for @Iron Keys i understood hes not just a hater, he kinda needs company on his adventure to discover new styles of music.

Where would we be now if ppl in the stone age just accepted the fact that sticks and stones are enough to work with?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Don't @Iron Keys try to reinvent the wheel, just reinvent yourself and push forward. All that should matter is are you groovin' hard and groovin' (naturally) high to your own shit?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
There's @Stona Persona a DaVinci already in Hip Hop

too bad he was part of Big Meech's Black Mafia Family whose BMF Entertainment was nothing more than a way to launder money/drugs through ATL and other states.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
There's @Stona Persona a DaVinci already in Hip Hop

too bad he was part of Big Meech's Black Mafia Family whose BMF Entertainment was nothing more than a way to launder money/drugs through ATL and other states.

Shame. But i meant like the real Leonardo Da Vinci, dude was from the future inventing shit they couldnt even realize with their technology like tanks and helicopter prototypes. Dude was thinking in 4D.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Leonardo @Stona Persona was the truth. Don't forget Galileo, Marconi, etc.