Other Than Rap....

C

Carpe Diem

Other than rap, what sorta stuff do u guys listen to?!?

Im well into my UK Garage, not all that big bassline grimy shit (Dizzie, Wiley), but the funky 4/4 and 2Step stuff...

U guys should check it, big names are....

Todd Edwards
MJ Cole
Duncan Powell
El-Tuff
Tuff-Jam
Delinquents
TreMoreFire Dubz
Skandalous Unltd
Da Phuture
Qualifide
One Dark Martian
Club Asylum
DJ $ki

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Word I'm feeling the UK stuff, Metalhead since '95, No U turn, prototype, science, raggamuffin breaks, happyhardcore stuff ( allthough it's more of a breakz thing ), Illegal rave even Eye Q stuff but that was back in '94 ( the steve mason experience on bfbs ). Acid stuff... Nu skool breaks is probably the dopest genre to arise when speaking of well constructed uptempo breaks. Not so much garage though, cuz it's only real popular in the UK...Dizzie Rascal is dope, shit bound to make birds bounce in the club...then there's techno but that's not specificly UK related.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i listen to all types of music besides hip hop...

classic rock--- pink floyd, led zeppelin, etc

punk--- thrice, glassjaw, brand new, takin back sunday,

acoustic--- van morrison, bright eyes, elliot smith

too much good music out there!

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
If the music makes me feel all tinglely inside then I will listen to it all day...I don't have any real prefrence...so I guess I listen to everything...Lately I've been into old school blues and jazz musicians like Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, and Count Basse.

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
classic said:
Bach, chopin , rachminnoff, Debussy, list, mozart, ravel, schoinburg, straus ......

I love those dead white dudes, they had skills

classs....

I just got finished taking a music appreciation class where we were studying the age of Impressionism (which is the era Debussy belonged to). We listened to one of his compositions and I was like (What The !!!!) This dude was on some whole other Sh** back then. But it was still cool. Have u ever listend to this guy named George Gershwin or Stravinsky? George was this jazz piano symphony composer and Stravinsky was way abstract...U should check some of there stuff out.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
YESSS man i love impressionliszm debussy is one of my fav composers. have u heard his peace waterfalls. MAN that is crazy.

Yea ive heard of rights of spring by puccini, good ish!!!!!!!!
If u want some real powerful piano compositions, u should check out rachminnoff(sp??)

I like romatic and neo classical compsers like strauss, chopin rachminoff becasue there music is soo emotinal

class......

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
classical, Mozart, Bach, Tchakovsky, my mom, jazz, Coltrane, Brubeck, Armstrong, McRae, Billie H, can go on and on and on, White Stripes are fresh, Odessa, anything and everything thats DOPE!

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
classic said:
YESSS man i love impressionliszm debussy is one of my fav composers. have u heard his peace waterfalls. MAN that is crazy.

Yea ive heard of rights of spring by puccini, good ish!!!!!!!!
If u want some real powerful piano compositions, u should check out rachminnoff(sp??)

I like romatic and neo classical compsers like strauss, chopin rachminoff becasue there music is soo emotinal

class......

My Bad I had the names wrong....Stravinsky did Rite Of Spring.... George Gershwin did a symphony called Rhapsody in Blue

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
shit to be honest i was thinking of the wrong song, Wanger has a opera called rights of passage, thats the melody that popped in my head when u said rights of spring by pucci.
Took me a while to realise that i was mixing up composers!!!!!

I was curious so i went in my classical librarly to see i have any pucci, i couldent find any by that name. So honestly im not famliure with his work. But i know i have heard that name before. Most likely i have played something of his somehwere down the line.

Now geroge greswhin is the man, ive played some of his peices and i must say the man was a genious. Rachminoff's later works have a simlar style.

class....

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I like System of a Down. But I won't admit to it in front of my niggas. lol

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Imma jazz dude myself (Davis, Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gilespie...all that stuff!)
but recently I've been listenin to a whole lot of Jimi Hendrix, dude hade skills!

-Roy

T

The Bastard

gospel music
italian folk music
italian pop music
80s pop
90s grunge
classical
i like the soundtrack to phantom of the opera but i never came across any other opera that i liked,ill instrumentals on that

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Well apart from hip hop, i listen to hardhouse, trance, happyhardcore, drum'n'bass, jungle, techno, chillout, breakbeat anything on the urban/dance side of the musical spectrum really, as a kid thats wot i grew up on mostly so i still listen to it a bit even though im not the hardcore u know the score raver i used to be LOL
And since i started sampling im getting into all the old soul, at first i woz like well its just to sample but know im picking stuff up thinking ah yea this track is dope lol, it opens you up to a whole new world of music that most people our age would probably never hear !

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
i listen to alot of rock like linkin park, system of a down, slipknot, i like alot of heavy metal, then i will go down to john mayer dude is cool simple plan and sum 41, also i am getting into that reggatong i think thats how you spell it, a big bob marley fan, hmm.... and thats about it.

yo cleve system of a down is tight my fav song from them is toxcicty, angles deserve to die, and ariels, and don't be scared to tell ya boys that you listen to rock i let all my home boys know i listened to rock yea they laughed but i asked them do yall like folks bein racist to yall, they was like no then i was like don't be racist to music then, and killed them with that line and they never downed anybody music again.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Well, I listen to mostly anything EXCEPT

...country, cant stand it!!!

...hard rock... well not all the hard rock... I do like some of system of a down tracks, white stripes is alright (only THAT song... I dont know if you know which one...)

...and the cheap kind of dance (techno)... I do like Daft Punk somehow

...pop. Dont need to explain that one, I hope.

...Besides that, I like every type of beat that is well composed and that has a beat... specially Jazz!

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I listen to all kinds of other music besides hip hop, I like Incubus, Sublime, Nirvana, and system of a down for the alternative music. I like alot of jazz and blues from muddy waters, to billie holiday....um next to hip hop i listen to alot of oldies like Rose Royce, Smokey Robinson, The Temptations, The Ojays, Mary Wells to name a few.....I just love music that sounds good. I like piano's alot to and i have this cd by George Winston, its pretty dope...um......Bob Marley.....man..... Theres so many people i could name, as for genres of music its Alternative, Rock & Roll, Blues, Jazz, R&B, Soul, Reggae, Classical, Spanish Guitar, punk, Emo, Trance, Old School...............i guess thats why Hip Hop is my first love cause you can mix any other music into it.