Out of tune piano sample

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have been searching for a good piano sample lateley to load into the samplers in Reason. I would really like something that sounds old and out of tune. Rza uses that type of sound a lot in his tracks, I am blanking on the name of the song that he uses it a ton, but it is a popular freestyle track and starts with a vocal sample of people going ooooOOOOooooo and then moves and alternating two note chord riff. The piano is real dirty and out of tune. I would love to get my hands on a sample like that if anyone knows of one.

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
jus use the control on the nn19 and change the octave and pitch etc to how u want it

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Yeah, you can tweak just about any sound nowadays to get it how you like it. I do some of that with my mpc and some in wave lab. I send the sample through a distortion filter here and there or I'll change the pitch and layer it with some dirt to grime it up a bit. For example I once took a mute guitar sound and made it sound like a rimshot. It's all about the tweakin' homey.
ONE

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah I know what you mean, but you got to have a good sample to start with. I think the piano samples in the reason sound bank are terrible. They barely sound like a piano clean. I guess I'm just saying, does anyone have any good piano samples or know of a refill that has them.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Shwaz - I think those piano samples the RZA used were grainy synthasized sounds but i could be wrong.?....Id try fuckin with modeling your own on the Subtractor.

Or: Drop your typical piano preset in the XT and then filter the shit outa it. Use the Pitch envelope and adjust the FINE so that ur not moving greatly to the next key like on the Octave or the semi for that matter. Then maybe ugly it up a bit by puttin a scream in and using the digital setting....Lower the bit rate a bit on that bitch and see what u come up with!

STEEZ

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
DroppaDueceMadeEntShawnSteezy said it best. When you're finished, encode the sample in 64kbps mp3, or drop it to 8 or 12 bit mono. Also, don't forget the importance of the actual sequencing itself. I mean, don't have that shit quantitized mathematically, all exact, step by step. It'll sound fake. Make that shit have some "error" in the sequencing... give it some of that Thelonious.

What are you using to sequence, anyway? If you're doing it on an MPC, then just drop the quantitization flamabam doowhistle thing. If you're doing some software sequencing... just do some MINOR swing on the notes the piano is on.

K.C

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Find a good sound designer in your area and pay him to produce a sound close to or similer to RZA piano sound

Though if you need a grimmy piano sound to sample get :
<font color = "green">Fat Waller -The Reefer Song (if your a viper)

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thank you for your suggestions. I'll get on that.

members online