Over The Ocean

the melody gives me final fantasy 7 vibes. I agree with @InsideOutBeats RE: the drums, they are fine for a computer game but for hip hop they need to be much more prominent in the mix. EQ, saturation and/or compression is a great way to make drums more prominent, but like said before, just raising the volume of the drums will help a lot.

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
That opening arpeggio is a great way to quickly establish the foundation while giving the listener something to latch onto. The way it moves to the background to allow other elements shine was very creative. From a musical perspective, there may be a bit TOO much movement. Even the pad synths way in the back in the mix sound to be doing something arpeggiated as well. Depending on the particular pad, you could anchor the tune with them and let some simple filtering give them expression without the need to arpeggiate. This especially more true as the drums do have an asymmetric lilt to them.

Those are very tiny and hyper critical points. Overall, I loved the sound, vibe and sonic character of this beat. Each element is nice on it's one and sounds well as a whole.

Nice!

members online