Oxygen 8 delay?

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
anyone have this problem? when you hit the keys it doesnt register on FL right away? i know USB sucks but this is ridiculous. i stopped using my O8 just because of this. any tips?? holla back

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What!!! I am about to get it. Holla back with info on this peeps.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I use a Mac with Reason and an Oxygen 8 and I have no latency problems. I also use it with Logic nd there is no latency. I do experience latency on the Oxygen eight when I run Reason as a slave to Logic Audio. Seems there is just to many sources the signal has to travel to so there is a slight lag time.

I don't know about FL, but I think there might be some sort of setting that isn't allowing the Oxygen 8 to speak directly to the program. I am not sure how midi is handled on the PC. On MAC we use the OMS setting panel for anything earlier than operating system 10.

I know that which port you have the Oxygen 8 usb connection connected to also matters. I have a USB hub but I hook the Oxygen eight straight to the computer and my keyboard though the usb hub....This way the midid signals go straight to the computer instead of going trough a hub first. I figure anything to help the comuter recieve the signals faster will help.

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What about the quality of the soundcard? Can that be the cause of it?

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
no. my soundcard is pretty good. i think its just that my computer is kinda slow. but im in the process of upgrading the speed and memory. that might help. ill let y'all know

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ah. Am gonna be on the same boat cause I have an old pc myself. How bad is the latency?

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn!! Am glad I held up on it. I should just get a new pc that can handle it. Thanks!!

T

The Bastard

its not yur pc man i hav a amd athlon 2 gigaherz with 1 gig of ram and even my oxygen 8 controller used to lag i got rid of it cuz i started using my full sized keyboard a s a controller with a midisport interface which also uses usb and that lags to,go figure

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
so what you're saying its the usb?? i was thinking that the oxygen 8 isnt a usb 2.0. maybe thats why

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I don't think there should be an issue because the lag has nothing to do with usb or the controller.....1 are you just using the usb or the midi out too....sound cards that are higher end have settings in their control panel or systray applet to adjust the sample rate and also the latency from like 1-900 or more milliseconds you have to tweak that setting to get rid of the latency you are experiencing which is the difference between the MIDI input and Audio Outputs.....that is also adjustable within fruity loops too, I had the exact same problems with my Radium controller the first couple of days until I realized how to fix it....and actually any of my old midi controllers....my board plays just like a keyboard and there is 0 delay....

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Big D....so it's a matter of adjusting the settings? Aight then.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
im just using the USB port. so BIG. how do i adjust the settings??? fogive me but im not that deep into computers like that. also, where do you adjust this in FL??? any help would be appreciated. Holla back. oh and be specific:D

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
hey I think your problem is your RAM, the newer cpu's built for music have like 2 gig of ram in them from the factory

--dac

T

The Bastard

< 1 GIG RAM AND HAS TWEAKED EVERY TWEAKABLE TWEAK SETTING AND STILL GETS A MILISECOND OF LAG