P4 w/t pro tools. yes/ no

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
for eveybody that knows about computer how do you think this pc will support a m-box and, possibly a digi 002r.

Cooler Master Centurion 5 Silver Case w/ 350 Watt Power Supply
Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz 800FSB 1MB
Asus P4P800-VM 865G 800MHz Motherboard, mATX, SATA, LAN, VC, HT
LiteOn 52X32X52+16X CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive Black
80GB Maxtor Diamond Max 7200rpm w/ 8MB Buffer SATA (6Y080M0)
1 Gig PC3200 DDR 400

also do you think the power supply is to low for the system. Peace

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
It seems to me that it should work fine as long as you turn off the hyper- threading and you have a fire-wire port. Protools is not yet compatible with any of the 900 series chipsets. So anything up to 875 works fine. I would suggest that you add another hard drive for more space and tracks and use of plug-ins. If the computer has raid technology you have to disable that also. Protools does not support that. Go to the digidesign site to get the exact specs. Also, if you are running windows xp sp2 I think you have to do some tweaking to get it work right. Digidesign updates their site all the time so I would check with them to see exactly what is you have to do.
ONE

C

Copenhagen

50 Cal, it is okay that you investigate as much as possible etc, but please try and keep it in the same thread (this is the 3rd you started on the same subject). Also, please check www.digidesign.com, as I mentioned before. They also have something on what the ProTools products support etc.

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Copenhagen said:
50 Cal, it is okay that you investigate as much as possible etc, but please try and keep it in the same thread (this is the 3rd you started on the same subject). Also, please check www.digidesig.com, as I mentioned before. They also have something on what the ProTools products support etc.

ok, my fault. I'm just trying to get my stuff straight, because after i get my pc, It's gonna be like 4 or 5 months before i get the m-box. and i don't want it not to work, and then cant get a refund. Oh, and i printed the compatibility info from digi. thanks fo the link.

C

Copenhagen

No big deal 50 Cal, I just had to point it out to you. I fully understand your need to make sure, I operate the same way... ;)

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah, it would work well, i have about the exact same specs as you. just make sure you turn off you hyper threading as o-h-ten said, cuz thats the one thing i forgot to do, and was mad for 3 days until i remembered to do it...lol

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
pboyproducer said:
yeah, it would work well, i have about the exact same specs as you. just make sure you turn off you hyper threading as o-h-ten said, cuz thats the one thing i forgot to do, and was mad for 3 days until i remembered to do it...lol

Ok, i'll remember that. I went to pc club yesterday to get it built, and everything didn't go as planned. I changed the case to this case that looks like a black apple g5. and they didn't have any asus motherboards so i got this one that i don't that much about, but i hope it works good.

members online

No members online now.