Paid in Full is greatest rap album

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Quoted from http://www.rte.ie, this story can also be found on Reuters
12 November 2004
Paid in Full is greatest rap album
Eric B & Rakim's landmark 1987 record 'Paid in Full' has been named the Greatest Ever Hip-Hop Album in a new list compiled by Entertainment Weekly in the US.

The magazine said that the album did for rap "what Bob Dylan did for rock in the mid-'60s".

De La Soul's '3 Feet High and Rising' was in second place and Notorious BIG's 1994 album 'Ready to Die' was in third. The top five was completed by Public Enemy and Run DMC.

OutKast were in 11th place with 'Aquemini', Jay-Z's 'The Blueprint was at number 15 and Eminem's 'The Marshall Mathers LP' was at number 17.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
bigdmakintrax said:
Quoted from http://www.rte.ie

The magazine said that the album did for rap "what Bob Dylan did for rock in the mid-'60s"

iTS THE TRUTH, THE GAME CHANGED AFTER RAKiM
RoLLiNG SToNE HAS 'PAiD iN FULL' NUMBER 227 oN iTS LiST oF THE 500 GREATEST ALBUMS oF ALL TiME.
RAKiM iNSPirED EVERYBoDY.

RELEASE;

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Guevara said:
iTS THE TRUTH, THE GAME CHANGED AFTER RAKiM
RoLLiNG SToNE HAS 'PAiD iN FULL' NUMBER 227 oN iTS LiST oF THE 500 GREATEST ALBUMS oF ALL TiME.
RAKiM iNSPirED EVERYBoDY.

RELEASE;

cosign true indeed!!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Here is a list of the Songs and I inserted an original cover from "Paid in Full"
1. I Ain't No Joke
2. Eric B Is On The Cut
3. My Melody
4. I Know You Got Soul
5. Move The Crowd
6. Paid In Full
7. As The Rhyme Goes On
8. Chinese Arithmetic
9. Eric B Is President
10. Extended Beat1.

As far as the where Biggie is on the list,
That is debatable, But here's what I think though, they're looking at overall spins and Sales, BiG Was getting Mad play all over the World literally and at least 3 or 4 of the songs on there at the Same time were on the top of the charts (without the help of Napster or Worldwide internet sharing and Rampant bootlegging we have access to now)...that's probably one of the factors whereas some of the other albums might have been popular but overall they didn't have like half the songs on the album tearing the charts up as long as they did....think Back BiGGie enjoyed a huge underground success and then when that album dropped...All I remember is BiG from 94-96 and not to mention Junior Mafia and all of the songs he had remixed.
Here's a refresher from the songs on that Platinum album though...but he had more hot singles on the albums that came after, and the 2 cd set.
Intro
Things Done Changed
Gimme the Loot
Machine Gun Funk
Warning
Ready To Die
One More Chance
*@!# Me (Interlude)
The What
Juicy
Everyday Struggle
Me & My Bitch
Big Poppa
Respect
Friend Of Mine
Unbelievable
Suicidal Thoughts

Attachments

• Eric-B--Rakim-Paid-In-Full-289451.jpe
    Eric-B--Rakim-Paid-In-Full-289451.jpe
    65.9 KB · Views: 126

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
u have to give De La props... reading this months XXL (Nas on the cover).... De La was signed under Tommy Boy for 12 yrs... ( i think)... They were told they wouldnt sell Gold w/ 3 ft. and Rising... but they went Double Plat. the only and first Rap group w/ that label to do that.... a label that was started w/ 12 people and now only has 200+ (I think).... Those are HUGE SALES from a non major label like DEF JAM or Griffin or Motown.... or any other labels that were taking in rap artists back then.... when rap was still the DEVIL unlike today..... "GANGSTA MUSIC"....

M

MIKELABZ

I Had Paid In Full.
It Was Aiight.
The Roots Should Be Represented Somewhere In The Top 10.
Same Goes For Black Star W/ Mos Def And Talib.
Wheres Big L?
How Is Illmatic Not Top 5?
The 18th Letter Was Better Then Paid In Full.

IL Lusciato

ill o.g.
i loved ready to die and paid in full but how the hell is illmatic not top 5? thats mind boggling to me, i'd say it should be higher than ready to die..but thats me..

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
illmatic was def my #1....low end theory was #2

O.C. - Word life <-def my #3

i liked the biggie album...just not that much...

and how was blueprint rated higher than reasonable doubt???

this is poppycock!!!!!!!!

someone def needs to reevaluate this shht...

members online