Passion of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
it's funny how a movie can change people into these advocates of Christ's teaching and "good" people all of a sudden..look around we're no different than the Jews who betrayed Jesus back then..we go about not giving consideration to others, we lie behind peoples backs and betray them, and we constantly judge each other, not to mention in the U.S. we're rich as hell and hog the worlds resources while others suffer..so tell me again how you wouldn've been the ones to stop the crucifiction..or how you follow his teaching of ascetism and love and acceptance..yes, we all fall short in the glory of God..but i have a problem with hipocrites who claim to be "followers" or claim to be these "good" people..when the only thing their "faith" brings is seperation between them and the "nonebelievers"...so everybody claims they'd be the ones to put a stop to Jesus' crucifiction? it seems we do it to each other everyday on the daily..

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
NO ONE IS SAYING THEY WOULD HAVE STOPPED THE CRUCIFIXION. THAT HASNT BEEN SAID ONE YTIME IN THIS THREAD. (I COULD BE WRONG...) THERE WOULD BE NO POINT IN DOING THAT BECAUSE THEN WE WOULD HAVE NO SAVIOUR, AND THAT IS THE FOUNDATION. WITHOUT THAT EVENT AND THE RESSURECTION TO FOLLOW THERE WOULD BE NO POINT IN LIVING. and it has nothing to do with being "good" people because, according to the bible, "good" people will still go to hell....

i have a problem with people posting things like they know something about Christianity and DONT. if you dont know what it ACTUALLY SAYS, then DONT POST because you are BADLY misconstruing things.

the seperation between believers and non believers is very real i know but thats not how it should be and the church has some very real wrongs tp it.... believe me i am going through it right now with mine. there is a lot of corrupt politics, a lot tah has to do with money, with deceit, all kinds of things, and i myself have been guuilty of a LOT OF THINGS, but I AM a follower and if i do something wrong, that DOESNT make me a hypocrite.

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
i hear you Truth...but it's appears this "great" religion has made more divisions and wars than connections among people?even inside Christianity people there's no coherence...who the hell would agree with going back to church services in Latin as Mel Gibson proposes?people don't learn or understand from "their" religions already and they want to make it that much harder...i agree w/ the Mad Scientist...religion just attempts to instill and condition people with the morals most people lack..but then you have people that turn it into a cult..a following of someone who becomes goes through a herofication, and a cult of personality..and people look on that person like a superstar and don't understand any morals that were explained and taught in "their" religion...and it seems "followers" ARE hypocrites if they don't attempt to change their ways just because the society they live in does things the opposite way, and look back and think it's ok cause Jesus died for our sins so i'll just sin away....religion will keep making those seperations though...we'll see if it changes the world for the better...or just for YOU "believers"..selfishness..isn't that one thing Jesus was not?it would appear that many "believers" don't believe in that virtue..and are only concerned with the I, I, I mentality..MY own salvation, MY savior, MY God...sadly, I imagine this is where most peoples understanding of the Monotheistic relgions comes to and halts..

T

The Bastard

actually we were talkin about a movie till guy had to come in and shit on the movie and everything it stands for ,nobody was preachin. religion causes wars ,but religion isnt ignorant people are

da_rippa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think it wus graphic to depict da trials dat jesus actually went thru becuz till now alotta ppl didnt realize how hard it wus. an satan wus cast as a woman to show da temptations of Christ. an im not da one to judge but mikelabz u mite wanna rethink sum things.

T

The Bastard

IT REALLY DEPENDS ON THE KID, MY 15 YEAR OLD COUSIN SEEN THIS FILM AND HE WAS FINE BUT HE WATCHES A LOT OF VIOLENT FILMS SO I THINK IT WAS EASIER FOR HIM TO HANDLE,SO IF YOU THINK YUR COUSIN CAN HANDLE A MOVIE WITH A NEAR 1 HOUR BEATING WITH BLOOD THEN HE SHOULD BE STRAIGHT,ITS NOT GORY N SHIT TO THE POINT THAT ITS SCARY BUT ITS VERY LIFE LIKE , I WOULDNT BRING THE NINE YEAR OLD THO

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by inspectah wu
IT REALLY DEPENDS ON THE KID, MY 15 YEAR OLD COUSIN SEEN THIS FILM AND HE WAS FINE BUT HE WATCHES A LOT OF VIOLENT FILMS SO I THINK IT WAS EASIER FOR HIM TO HANDLE,SO IF YOU THINK YUR COUSIN CAN HANDLE A MOVIE WITH A NEAR 1 HOUR BEATING WITH BLOOD THEN HE SHOULD BE STRAIGHT,ITS NOT GORY N SHIT TO THE POINT THAT ITS SCARY BUT ITS VERY LIFE LIKE , I WOULDNT BRING THE NINE YEAR OLD THO

yeah no doubt. I think it's important for them to see and know what happened and stuff nah mean? My 9 year old cuz is mad intelligent and mature but yeah it still may be too for her.

M

MIKELABZ

IMO THIS THREAD SHOULDNT HAVE NEVER BEEN POSTED... THERES TOO MANY DIFFERENT WALKS OF LIFE HERE TO BE SINGLING OUT A CERTAIN GROUP OF PEOPLE...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Originally posted by MIKELABZ
IMO THIS THREAD SHOULDNT HAVE NEVER BEEN POSTED... THERES TOO MANY DIFFERENT WALKS OF LIFE HERE TO BE SINGLING OUT A CERTAIN GROUP OF PEOPLE...

nobody singled anyone out.. and if this thread wad a waste, then why have you posted so much?

"and it seems "followers" ARE hypocrites if they don't attempt to change their ways just because the society they live in does things the opposite way, and look back and think it's ok cause Jesus died for our sins so i'll just sin away"

you are looking ONLY at THOSE people. you are generalizing the whole population (even though you said "IF they..." you are still generalizing everyone..) by saying that, and taht isnt hoiw everyone is. i respect your thoughts on the matter, but i think you are kind of limiting yyou sight to the negative side of things and not even considering the rest of it, the same as a lot of believers tend to focus on their side of things and not the rest of the world. make sense? i know it goes both ways.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by MIKELABZ
WELL UNLESS U CAN PROVIDE THOSE ARTICLES THEN THERES NO WAY TO PROVE THAT THEAT PERSON EXISTED, EXISTS, OR EVER WILL EXIST.

I'D RATHER GO ON THE SCIENCE OF REALITY THEN THE LITERATURE OF THE UNREAL.

THat's the whole point of faith homie. If Jesus popped up outta nowhere and said "Hey! I'm Jesus what up NIGGAZ!" and started curing cancer and aids left and right I don't think there would be a need for faith.

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
i apologize...even if there are a lot of people out there who are negative it doesn't mean that's how i should be,or that's not what i should look at..and i shouldn't generalize any group regardless if it's small or large...i'll try to concentrate on the positive things in life..like music..it seems like we all should..or we'll just end up beating the crap outta each other..lol

M

MIKELABZ

DANG THIS SHYT ASS THREAD IS STILL GROWING? WTF!!

YALL TALK ABOUT FAITH AND THEN TALK ABOUT BOOZE... HOW LONG DO U EXPECT TO LEAD A FULFILLING LIFE IF U KEEP CONTRADICTING YOUR VERY EXISTENCE.

MAN IS SUPPOSED TO DRINK, MAN IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE SEX, MAN IS SUPPOSED TO GET HIGH, MAN IS SUPPOSED TO FIGHT EACH OTHER, MAN IS SUPPOSED TO KILL, MAN IS SUPPOSED TO CALL HIS MOTHER A FAT BITCH... MAN IS SUPPOSED TO GET FUCKED IN THE ASS..

IF MAN WASNT SUPPOSED TO DO ANY OF ANYTHING THEN THOSE OPPPORTUNITES SIMPLY WOULD NOT EXIST... AS LONG AS WE ARE ON THIS ROCK WE CALL EARTH WE ARE ENTITLED TO DO ANYTHING WE CHOOSE AS LONG AS ITS WITHIN OUR CAPABILITIES...

HOW DO U EXPLAIN CLONING? IF THAT DOESNT PROVE TO U THAT WE ARE OUR OWN 'HIGHER BEINGS' THEN U ARE SADLY MISTAKEN AND MISINFORMED ABOUT UR INNER POTENTIAL...

HEY WHO KNOWS MAYBE ONE DAY THERE WILL BE SOMEBODY WE CLONE AND NICKNAME JESUS TO WALK THE EARTH... DRAW UR OWN CONCLUSIONS ON THAT STATEMENT.

M

MIKELABZ

I TAKE IT THAT I DIDNT COMPREHEND MY LAST POST SO IN THE FACE OF UR IGNORANCE I AM WILLING TO OVERLOOK YOUR LAST COMMENT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online