Passion Vs. Product

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
So when I'm working on a project I feel like actually being passionate about what I'm doing leads to better results. At the same time what I personally like might not be what everyone else is into. I feel like finding a balance between enjoying what you're working on and still creating something that can be marketed and sold is a big aspect of music production. So how do you guys view your work? As something you love or something to pay the billz? Or a little of both? Would you still make music if you weren't making money off it?

RenegadeSociety

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 11
I've been learning to make beatz for 2 years now. when i first started out recording ppl from around the way, Now trying to make it more then a hobby!! Never sold a beat but i will keep on doing this! Did a few collabs Gave away beats but don't really doing the online thing much.... Internet cost...<
www.reverbnation.com/renegadesocietyproductionz

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
I would do it for the love in job and own production. Whitout thinking of what everybody likes. I would try to be me as best as possible, not the latest hit. I feel when im thinking of making this or that style,im not as creative as when im not thinking! ;) I am not making any money or trying, but i would say do it because you digg it! :)

the passion gave me the drive to take all the hits and the bullshit while i steadily learned and improved. the best music is made passionately because music is emotion. it invokes feeling. now that i have to please others and not just myself i have to find a compromise between the two.