PC Gurus..where ya at???

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yo to the PC Gurus, i want to run this offer by yall. but to fill you in real quick.

i'm lookin to cop a new pc.
i have in the neighborhood of $600 that i'm lookin to spend.
i'm open to buying a barebone and put it together myself.

i got this offer for a motherboard,processor,RAM bundle in my email yesterday
MB,Processor,RAM Bundle

my question. does this seem like a worthwhile purchase? considering i would have to get my case/PS, graphics card, and hard drive seperate?

i'm really thinking about jumpin on this, even though i may or maynot be able to get to the other components all at once. i think this would be a worthwhile to have those essential part already on hand.

advice? thoughts? anyone.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Not that good of a deal IMO, time is money, don't waste your time building a computer,make music instead. You can get an off the shelf prebuilt HP for 600 or so, dual processors, etc.
Try and get one that runs on XP (not Vista). Check out newegg.com, jr.com, and I'm sure other people here can help you out with some more info.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Its not to bad of an idea for a pretty good price

Not that good of a deal IMO, time is money, don't waste your time building a computer,make music instead. You can get an off the shelf prebuilt HP for 600 or so, dual processors, etc.
Try and get one that runs on XP (not Vista). Check out newegg.com, jr.com, and I'm sure other people here can help you out with some more info.

HAHAHa thats funny how we have two different views on this.

Actually him buying parts to build a computer is a great idea if time is not of importance. He will be able to build a stable unit to last for YEARS!!!. But if he is in a hurry to get on it, then a stock comp would be effiecient.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurt!!!! pump ya e brakes fam!!!
hold down!!!! it sound real good!but there is always a cath!!
first all i dont like the mother board!! only 2 slot for memory!!
i have 4!
inless u have $ to buy gigs chip to up grade ya ram u will only be stuck wit 2 slots! cuz if u buy a 2gig chip it gets expensive trust me!! a 1 gig almost runs about 100 buck well a good one at lease!
the ghz isnt bad but u can get better now theses days! trust me that ghz is like a couple years old!
sound card is horrible for the music!! i have a m audio 0404
the fiber optic is good!!!and the ide is good! to! the best thing about this computer is that u can upgrade it!! trust me u r gonna spend more money upgrading!! its say up to 8 gig!! hahah wait till u check out how much them chips cost!! about half about what u gonna spend on the computer!!LOL almost!
the Serial ATA RAID Support is good but only up to 3gigs! so what if u did go up to 4 gigs u will need to upgrade this too!!
truth be told its not bad for a start up package!! but be ready to spend more$ to upgrade!
good luck fam! oh and windows vista!! not highly recommend for music interaction!
so look around first!

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
tell him wazsup n y s

Word Wiz matter fact that very same computer my moms got I was messin wit it friday it has all I described above 2 firewire ports media slots n all n something u can stick a big ass block in I'm not sure wut that shyt is tho lol n it was only 6 bills so tell em do ya research

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i appreciate everybody's input. allow me to clarify a things in regards to the points that has been made.

building a pc is something i can do overtime, my pc is doing just fine for right now. however, i'll need a new joint in the near future, theres no way around it. i figure this is a good deal considering what i'm getting for the price,and while in between parts and loot, the beats will keep coming with what i have.

i'm share the same perspective as Kontents at the moment...this build may take a month or two to complete, but the pc should last me years without considering purchasing another (for performance-wise)
the specs are:
xfx sli motherboard..i'd prefer a intel, but i hear xfx sli motherboards are fairly popular amongst the gaming community
it does have 4 RAM slots, 2 white, 2 black.(priced around 150.00)
it does come with 4gigs of RAM (2 x 2048mg sticks) priced around 105.00
and the intel core2 quad (this being the 4 core joint..versuses the dual core) alone would cost around $250.00-260.00

it sounds like a deal, but again i am hesitant that i'm overlooking something regarding this package. i'm not tryin to buy on impluse (the fact that the offer expires on the 15th doesn't help) and considering other options. just not sure where to look or what else i should consider.

i've purchased from newegg before, the experience is aiight. if i can could find what they have elsewhere or with tigerdirect, i'd prefer tigerdirect over newegg (that being due to my experience with them.)

i figure this package contains the primary parts that i need, i can take my time getting everything else to the pc together.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
then what u want to hear is yes get the damm computer!!1hahah!!lol
on the real fam!!
its a good starter computer and it will do u fine for what u gonna start with!! trust me!!!
one of the most important feature that is over looked on most computer is are they able to be upgrade!??
that one can and most of them can but they are a few that cant be upgraded!!
snatch dat comp up and will do u justice for KNOW!
much respect!
*wizard*

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I got this offer for a motherboard,processor,RAM bundle in my email yesterday

MB,Processor,RAM Bundle

my question. does this seem like a worthwhile purchase? considering i would have to get my case/PS, graphics card, and hard drive seperate?

advice? thoughts? anyone.

You can find alot better than that package which would be more suited to your needs as this is more aimed at the (mid-high end) gamer with the SLI & a 680i chipset, do you plan on buying 2 graphic cards along with doing OC'in?

xfx sli motherboard..i'd prefer a intel, but i hear xfx sli motherboards are fairly popular amongst the gaming community

I would pass on any of the XFX/EVGA ect., unless you are planning to be OC'in but even if you was going to at some point Asus are the best for quality/price as with the others you are mostly paying the extra just for the name.

Going for a Q6600 is worth the extra money for seeing as you will be using it for music production which will future proof you from upgrading the CPU in a few years to come.

I'm currently at the stage of building a new computer after spending a few months on the research part for my $1600 budget, i would not rush into anything if i was you unless your current computer is unusable.

What do you currently have?

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
tigerdirect has great deals. I am actually looking to purchase a new barebones myself next week. If you have that kind of dough, I would go with one that comes wit a case and powersupply and all dat. I plan on gettin a kit wit the motherboard, cpu, and ram in cluded. All i have to do is add my HD and video card and bam,,,done.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You can find alot better than that package which would be more suited to your needs as this is more aimed at the (mid-high end) gamer with the SLI & a 680i chipset, do you plan on buying 2 graphic cards along with doing OC'in?
i have no intentions of buying 2 graphics cards. here's an oversight that i had. needless to say the pc will not be for gaming use. primarily for internet, lil video and image editing and music production. the primary parts of this package that stood out to me was the q6600 and the 4gigs of RAM.

I would pass on any of the XFX/EVGA ect., unless you are planning to be OC'in but even if you was going to at some point Asus are the best for quality/price as with the others you are mostly paying the extra just for the name.
i feel you on Asus, i'd even roll with an intel. i really haven't understood the process of OC'in and the pros and cons of doing so and if would help in my setup or is it something i could later regret.

Going for a Q6600 is worth the extra money for seeing as you will be using it for music production which will future proof you from upgrading the CPU in a few years to come.
one of the primary features of this package that really made consider coppin it.

I'm currently at the stage of building a new computer after spending a few months on the research part for my $1600 budget, i would not rush into anything if i was you unless your current computer is unusable.
it's definitely a project that will be a few months in the making. i'm working with more of a $500-$700 budget, which is another reason why this bundle looked so attractive to me

What do you currently have?
an old refurb pc i cop at a pc shop a couple years back. p3, 1Ghz, 512mb of RAM (max)....yyyyyeeeah...the time is vastly approaching for a new joint. but this one will get me thru until i get that new joint poppin.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
then what u want to hear is yes get the damm computer!!1hahah!!lol
on the real fam!!
its a good starter computer and it will do u fine for what u gonna start with!! trust me!!!
one of the most important feature that is over looked on most computer is are they able to be upgrade!??
that one can and most of them can but they are a few that cant be upgraded!!
snatch dat comp up and will do u justice for KNOW!
much respect!
*wizard*
lol. nah man, i know how impulse buying can turn into buyer remorse. so i definitely need that someone to say "yo..hold up son..here's somethings you want to consider before you cop that..." ya dig. you all have definitely help rid me of that impulse and start looking at this package in a more pratical light. i just need a lil more incite to get there. good lookin out.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
tigerdirect has great deals. I am actually looking to purchase a new barebones myself next week. If you have that kind of dough, I would go with one that comes wit a case and powersupply and all dat. I plan on gettin a kit wit the motherboard, cpu, and ram in cluded. All i have to do is add my HD and video card and bam,,,done.
dog, a barebone with case and PS where the ones i checkin for first. most of the ones that i've seen, either the specs seem shaky to me or, i'm be honest, the cases looked lame as fuck. not that i'm real picky on a case, but damn them shits was ugly.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yo..hold up son..here's somethings you want to consider before you cop that..." ya dig. you all have definitely help rid me of that impulse and start looking at this package in a more pratical light. i just need a lil more incite to get there. good lookin out.

yeah dats why i told u first to bump dem brakes first man!! the barbone is ill for the price!

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah dats why i told u first to bump dem brakes first man!! the barbone is ill for the price!
Word. trust, your info hasn't gone overlooked man. i understand there will come a time where you'll have to upgrade certain parts of your system. rather is be a part here or there versus a whole system all together (which i'm reluctant to go with Dell..Fuck Gateway..lol) so i'm at terms with that when dealing a barebone.

let me shoot this by you tho. you mentioned the SATA Raid support only up to 3gbs, is that 3gb of RAM? and how would you upgrad your SATA?

i ask this out of curiosity because i've notice alot of MB with SATA of up to 3gbs.
i don't think it would be an immediate problem, i'm just wondering. pickin' your brain a lil bit.

members online