PC Recording Problems...

RedRayn

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I guess some would say this is a Repost...
Last time i asked this, there wasn't many members around...
Maybe I'll have better luck coming up with an answer this time since theres alot more registered users...

I do know, its got nothin to do with what Program I use. Its got to do with my computer...

Well when I first got this computer a year ago, I put Cool Edit and N-Track studio on my PC so I can start recording again... Well...
For some reason, when I went to Record on Either program, my Voice only came out on the Left Speaker... the Right Speaker was blank from any type of vocal sound, or statick type of feedback. So I checked my Recording settings... everything seemed ok to my view, but i dunno... Well I switched it from Stereo to Mono, and once I put it on Mono, i heard myself out of Both speakers...
I want to be able to do this on Stereo, so I can mess with Panning effects and do more shit with the mixing, you know?

Any ideas?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Hmm, you cant make a mono signal stereo. Your voice is mono when recorded. Simply pan the signal back to center, not left or right.

light

Producer
ill o.g.
check that your recording to both the R bus and L bus

Medicine Man

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
You can still pan with a mono track. Ounce you've recorded the vocal track mono, in your multitrack editor just turn pan to the left or right. And ALWAYS record your vocals mono unless you have more than one person with one mike. If your mike is not stereo or you dont have two mikes you can't record stereo anyway.

members online