Peter Gundry - "Till Death Do Us Part"

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
@SwayeeBoogie nice flip...everything's on point... I like the synth melody you have added.

So on this... I've used some piano chops of the Peter Grundy track and i've added my piano melody and some strings...when i finished it, i felt like some sort of story can be attached to this...So i've added Fade's vocals to this...and my story with this beat is about the everyday grind of us producers...trying to better our music, the constant self-doubt, giving receiving feedback and so on...

this is dedicated to all of the producers here, and to Fade who kept this forum alive...

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
@SwayeeBoogie nice flip...everything's on point... I like the synth melody you have added.

So on this... I've used some piano chops of the Peter Grundy track and i've added my piano melody and some strings...when i finished it, i felt like some sort of story can be attached to this...So i've added Fade's vocals to this...and my story with this beat is about the everyday grind of us producers...trying to better our music, the constant self-doubt, giving receiving feedback and so on...

this is dedicated to all of the producers here, and to Fade who kept this forum alive...

Very nice. The beat is really grimy. Love the drums and it captures exactly what you explained the feeling would be. That rolling piano in there is sinister as hell. Nicely done. It would def win a beat fights.

Edgar

e'zz
Battle Points: 1
@SwayeeBoogie Dope Flip. I like how you chopped it up and sequenced it together. The synths gave it that extra flavor!

@crosstevsky I like the Panning/Delay you did with fades Voice. The strings in the back blend well with the sample and that ending is perfect the solo'd strings.

I took a part from the middle, warped it to 83 BPM, pitch it down 23 semitones to get some dark slowed vibes and just built around that.

crosstevsky

beats architect
@SwayeeBoogie Dope Flip. I like how you chopped it up and sequenced it together. The synths gave it that extra flavor!

@crosstevsky I like the Panning/Delay you did with fades Voice. The strings in the back blend well with the sample and that ending is perfect the solo'd strings.

I took a part from the middle, warped it to 83 BPM, pitch it down 23 semitones to get some dark slowed vibes and just built around that.

This is exellent...chill and mellow but also dark...nice swing...you could have sprinkled some higher octave piano hits...nice job

crosstevsky

beats architect
Very nice. The beat is really grimy. Love the drums and it captures exactly what you explained the feeling would be. That rolling piano in there is sinister as hell. Nicely done. It would def win a beat fights.
Thanks for the feedback...I'm happy that you get the feeling i was trying to capture...

SwayeeBoogie

@Edgar This is dope. I love the murkiness of it. Those drums are crispy as fresh original lays chips. The screech in the background gives it a great personality. Nice.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
@SwayeeBoogie that's a dope one ! I like the evolution throughout.
@crosstevsky I really like what you did with the vocals. that's really creative and I think it works very well.
@Edgar That's a very decent beat. However, the kick is a bit overwhelming the rest of the beat on my speakers. It comes out of it !

Here is mine. I just looped a 4 bars of it. It's my first "finished" beat on cubase (yes, i did the switch). So I did not want to mess too much with slicing and chopping just yet. I'm a slow learner.
Nothing here yet.

SwayeeBoogie

@crosstevsky I really like what you did with the vocals. that's really creative and I think it works very well.
@Edgar That's a very decent beat. However, the kick is a bit overwhelming the rest of the beat on my speakers. It comes out of it !

Here is mine. I just looped a 4 bars of it. It's my first "finished" beat on cubase (yes, i did the switch). So I did not want to mess too much with slicing and chopping just yet. I'm a slow learner.
Nothing here yet.
@YannFer Sounds like the ending credits rolling to a movie where devastation took place. I like the vibe. I'm a fan of sinister anyway. You only took 4 bars but you made the 4 bars the backdrop to everything else you had going on which made it paint a picture in my mind. Nice.

crosstevsky

beats architect

Nothing here yet.
You've chopped it up nicely..the loop is dope...however, those brass sounds...I don't know about that...and the drums are slightly right...that sound around 0:32..that is a sound that you should use more...congratulations on your new Cubase...

Edgar

e'zz
Battle Points: 1
@YannFer Dope track! I think it would help if the drums weren't pan to the right all time but have it automate every now and then. Everything seems to set in well with the sample! Keep it Up.

@SwayeeBoogie Already told you I love this, real Dre vibe.

@crosstevsky hahahaha got fade in there, love the tension on this flip. Its like shit is really about to go down. Nice drums. Dope flip, really creative.

@Edgar really like the vibe of this flip too. Its like some mafia guy just got hit and now the boys have to go deal with business hahahaha

@YannFer That kick sounds ever so slightly delayed, I think it could be a bit tighter, maybe there is a tiny gap on the kick sample before the kick hits. Dope flip though, another Dre style beat well done