Phonic Digital Firewire Mixers?

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
I saw this ad in the latest scratch mag and i have to say i'm already sold. The Helix 18 Firewire mixer is like an updated version of my old ass setup.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Helix18FW/

i'm using a roland VM-3100 pro which is connected to my computer via an RBUS connection. it works fine but it's old as hell and has no software support. Every windows update i get i'm worried shit will stop working lol. But this, i'm definitely buying one of these.

The prices seem cheap too, like behringer type cheap. I hope it doesn't have a behringer quality to it though.

I don't know much about A/D converters, how can you tell if it has good ones or not?

If anyone knows drop a line an let me know. I'm just assuming that they'd be better than my current setup since imine is much older.

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
When I was looking for a Firewire interface for my laptop, that was one of my choices. But I went mixers and got a Presonus Firebox. I didnt really have any room for a mixer at the time. I'd compare it to other Firewire interfaces before making a final decision, unless this is what you really want.