Piano + Heavy Metal Guitar??!!

• beat this! voting starts in...

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
I originally had 808 layered with the drum every bar, but it wasn't really coming through properly. So I tried filling out the drums and leveraging the natural lows of the piano/guitar (plus the deep real snare). Let me know what you think, welcome any and all feedback!

wali_raw

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 26
OOh this is dope. Reminds of something OG Kanye woulda dropped some bars on. This is ill fa real.

By the way check out my beat and let me know what you think.

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
I originally had 808 layered with the drum every bar, but it wasn't really coming through properly. So I tried filling out the drums and leveraging the natural lows of the piano/guitar (plus the deep real snare). Let me know what you think, welcome any and all feedback!

The drums and the samples work well together.
I have some comments on the mix:
I feel the drums have too much distortion on them imho. The main sample on the other hand is very clean.

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
To @Kane the MOD point, there is a bit too much dist/saturation on the drums. As beefy as the kick is, dialling back the processing good give it some more depth and punchy. Distortion at a point ultimately flattens the sound. T

he snare sounds great though. Especially the little snare roll in the transitions. Maybe play around with accents to give it a bit more groove?

The chorus section with the vocal chop is super cool! Love the sample selection and chops.

Good tune!

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
To @Kane the MOD point, there is a bit too much dist/saturation on the drums. As beefy as the kick is, dialling back the processing good give it some more depth and punchy. Distortion at a point ultimately flattens the sound. T

he snare sounds great though. Especially the little snare roll in the transitions. Maybe play around with accents to give it a bit more groove?

The chorus section with the vocal chop is super cool! Love the sample selection and chops.

Good tune!
Thanks man! Yeah, distorted acoustic drums is a go-to and part of my style, but thank you guys for letting me know that I pushed it too far on this one!

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Thanks man! Yeah, distorted acoustic drums is a go-to and part of my style, but thank you guys for letting me know that I pushed it too far on this one!
Hey man,

"if you're not over-doing it, you're not doing it right!" lol

Listened to a couple of your other beats and really like your rock+boom bap style.

Keep the great tunes coming!