Planar Magnetic Headphones

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Never heard of them.... are you considering them for production or just for listening?

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Probably for production and reference. I saw you got some nice headphones for xmas. How do you like those so far? Good enough to replace monitors?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I can't find any solid reviews on them other than what 'they' claim. They seem to be top notch but I would still like to see some 'user' reviews from a producer/engineer view first.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
SG the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - headphones are absolutely awesome. No headphones could replace monitors, but these bad boys right here are a big improvement from my MDR V900s. They aren't as loud and provide a very flat sound...and I get a similar reference from my car. It's definitely a good look.....Oh yeah...they're SO comfortable.

It's a risk copping headphones at that price if you're not 100% how good they are....

Risk/Reward. You may find that they are the best cans ever......and then the opposite..... It's risky...especially with the price tag on them.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
SG the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - headphones are absolutely awesome. No headphones could replace monitors, but these bad boys right here are a big improvement from my MDR V900s. They aren't as loud and provide a very flat sound...and I get a similar reference from my car. It's definitely a good look.....Oh yeah...they're SO comfortable.

It's a risk copping headphones at that price if you're not 100% how good they are....

Risk/Reward. You may find that they are the best cans ever......and then the opposite..... It's risky...especially with the price tag on them.

Right on yeah DT770's look plush. I just read some reviews on them. Good choice. I had some old MDR V600's back in the day. They held me down for a long time. Now I have Audio Technica M50's. Pretty happy with them so far.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I can't find any solid reviews on them other than what 'they' claim. They seem to be top notch but I would still like to see some 'user' reviews from a producer/engineer view first.

Fade, buy some of these for no reason and review them.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
What Hi-Fi Mags latest issue was on a Supertest on On-Ear Headphones called "The Best Cans In The World". Here are their results (to consider as an option...)

Attachments

• headphones.JPG
    headphones.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 133

members online