Playing samples in FULL? (REASON 4.0)

hieroglif

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Peace,

Just noticed,

When I tap a pad on my midi controller to trigger DR.REX or NN-XT it will only play the sound for as long as I hold the pad itself. A bit annoying when you wanna record in real time.

In good old Fruity Loops slicer channel you can set "Play To End" so that when you press a key on your controller it will play that sample to the end even if you take your finger off OR press another key.

Is there a setting on DR.REX or NN-XT to enable this??

Redrum seems to do it that way but not DR.REX or NN-XT.

PEACE

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
^thanks! what about the DR.REX device?

Play with the Release!

You have ADSR faders....attack, decay, sustain and release. Increase the release....

Attack
How quickly the sound reaches full volume after the sound is activated. So is your sound or chop is too loud and you want to soften it adjust this.

Sustain
How quickly the sound drops to the sustain level after the initial peak.

Decay
The "constant" volume at which the sound remains following the decay until the note is released.

Release
How quickly the sound fades when a note ends (the key is released). Often, this time is very short. An example where the release is longer might be a percussion instrument like a glockenspiel, or a piano with the sustain pedal pressed.

hieroglif

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Play with the Release!

You have ADSR faders....attack, decay, sustain and release. Increase the release....

Attack
How quickly the sound reaches full volume after the sound is activated. So is your sound or chop is too loud and you want to soften it adjust this.

Sustain
How quickly the sound drops to the sustain level after the initial peak.

Decay
The "constant" volume at which the sound remains following the decay until the note is released.

Release
How quickly the sound fades when a note ends (the key is released). Often, this time is very short. An example where the release is longer might be a percussion instrument like a glockenspiel, or a piano with the sustain pedal pressed.

cheers - I'll play around with it!

Thanks, much appreciated.

hieroglif

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
OK - So I've played around with with the Release to get the samples to play in full, and it's great...

Now this poses another problem:

When I tap a next pad/key, the previous sample triggered continues to play. I'm trying to get the effect where the sample plays in full UNTIL I tap another pad/key. ASA I tap another pad/key I want the previous sample to cut out/stop. I

'm trying to get a more organic feel to the production where I'm not having to edit the recorded samples so much in the window, but instead they come out how I want them to during the recording!

Anyone knows how I can 'Cut Sample' in Reason and you can do in FL Studio?

PEACE

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
OK - So I've played around with with the Release to get the samples to play in full, and it's great...

Now this poses another problem:

When I tap a next pad/key, the previous sample triggered continues to play. I'm trying to get the effect where the sample plays in full UNTIL I tap another pad/key. ASA I tap another pad/key I want the previous sample to cut out/stop. I

'm trying to get a more organic feel to the production where I'm not having to edit the recorded samples so much in the window, but instead they come out how I want them to during the recording!

Anyone knows how I can 'Cut Sample' in Reason and you can do in FL Studio?

PEACE

Highlight all of the sample zones and then set the group/key polyphony to 1. That should do the trick.

dmx19802000

ill o.g.
Ok on NN-XT expand it, select all samples in piano roll window, set grp to 1, and turn the release all the way up..

See attached picture...

Attachments

• NN-XT.JPG
    NN-XT.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 192

members online