Playing samples on the MPK49...

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
When I play sample chops with the pads, it only plays for however long I hold the pad for. If I set the release to full in the NNXT then it plays the whole chop and overlaps. I've seen videos of people using the MPC making beats, and they tap the pad, it plays a chop, then they tap another pad and it stops the first chop and plays the second. Is there a way I can do this on my MPK? I'm using Reason too.

Another question. I've seen gates being mentioned, would the above be achieved by the use of a gate or is this a completely different thing?

ill o.g.
You gotta setup your samples to play in a triggered mode, rather than gate mode (dont forget to adjust your envelopes afterwards). To have them cut eachother off you have to make them share the same voice. You need to set this up in the sample player you are using.

A gate in music world typically refers to one of two things, one being the time that a key in your midi controller is down (while its down, the gate is open, release it the gate closes again). It can also refer to a dynamics effect process which works by lowering your sound level after it goes below a certain level (the threshold).

ez

Edit: after some diggin around on NN-XT (never used it myself), I found out you need to set your release to the max, and set the polyphony to 1 (that makes them share the same voice so they dont overlap.)

ill o.g.
I think so yeah, i dunno i never used reason. Just set it to one and try playing two keys at once, you should only hear one.
Make sure you put all the samples in the same group.

adthekidd

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Im saving up as we speak to cop a mpk 49

i was thinking bout getting the axiom 49

but i like the features on the mpk better

members online