ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Hawaii 5-0

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
What about uncle Tom?

I think Malcom X talked about it in his biography, but I've forgot.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i heard tom sawyer had a black slave that he really liked and took him on his travels and game him good rooms to sleep in and nice food to eat, but that could easily be bullshit because i didn't know the source at all

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
UNCLE TOM

Uncle Tom n. (1922) Origin US; applied to a servile black man; from the name of the hero in Harriet B. Stowe’s novel, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, (1851-52). 1967, Punch, "An obligation… applies constantly to all underdog groups, constantly tempted by rewards to uncle-tom, to pull the forelock." 1977, New Yorker, "Pryor goes through his part pop-eyed, playing the Uncle Tom for Uncle Toms."" This definition and usage can be found in The Oxford Dictionary of Slang(41). In the New Dictionary of American Slang, a short definition is given. "Uncle Tom n. a black man who emulates or adopts the behavior of the white majority"(451). The Random House Dictionary, the 1987 edition, gives a more detailed definition; "Uncle Tom, disparaging and offensive. a black man considered by other blacks to be subservient to or to curry favor with whites. 1. Uncle Tomism, a policy of relationship between whites and blacks involving a benevolent but patronizing attitude on the part of the whites and a willingly submissive attitude on the part of the blacks"(2056-57). Random House’s earlier edition (1966) has a slightly different definition, "Uncle Tom n. Contemptuous. A Negro who is abjectly servile or differential to whites. Also called Tom." The definition for Uncle Tomism remains the same except for the term black (1987 edition) which replaced Negro (1966 edition).

Cassell’s Dictionary of Slang defines it as a noun and a verb. "Uncle Tom n. [1920] (origin US Black) 1. Subservient Black person, fitting willingly into the stereotyped and inferior image refined by generations of White supremacy. 2. [1990’s] a tattle-tale, a

T

The Bastard

i thought the term uncle tom, came from the book uncle tom's cabin

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
BASTARD said:
i thought the term uncle tom, came from the book uncle tom's cabin
Yea it did.

T

The Bastard

Im Dumb As Shit I Didnt Even See Steel Sides Paragraph Where It Said Its From Uncle Toms Cabin

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
BASTARD said:
Im Dumb As Shit I Didnt Even See Steel Sides Paragraph Where It Said Its From Uncle Toms Cabin
Lol, i assumed you read it. It was too long for me to fuck with.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
wat about the term 'pigs'?

sAfE.