Mike Free Music
Battle Points: 101
20160514_170040.jpg
My spot is Everybody's in Cincy. View attachment 4358

Last edited:

Mike Free Music

Mike Free Music
Battle Points: 101
Looks cool. We have a lot of old heads around here that still listen to records. We have a few record spots around here in my city. Also we have a lot of people looking for records just for vintage listening.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah that's it. There used to be tons of stores but now it's difficult to find stuff but there are some stores that cater to the new generation, so they have lots of new releases.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
If y'all ever visit my city we got

Seasick-storefront.jpg

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Battle Points: 1
I tend to sample CDs bc I don't have a vinyl player, so second hand CD shops can be full of hidden gems. CEX is the main one in the UK

BezO

The Artisan
I dig more for records to listen to. Sampling, when I do partake, is a byproduct.

red-onion-records-dc-900x445.png
carol-stuart-watson-smash-records-georgetown.jpg
8647478360_4e6c604449_z.jpg

DJ Wax-Turtle

ILLIEN
I've literally sold my entire record collection cause i could find 90% on Soulseek.
I regret selling some of my singles which had acapellas on it that aren't anywhere on the net.

DJ Wax-Turtle

ILLIEN
May sound crazy but Spotify has a lot of beautifully arranged piano music and other instrumental music.

Look for: "Peaceful Piano" or "Peaceful Guitar"

Not sure about copy-rights though...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I've literally sold my entire record collection cause i could find 90% on Soulseek.
I regret selling some of my singles which had acapellas on it that aren't anywhere on the net.
Yeah that's how it is today. For those that still buy vinyl it's just for collection really. Other than that you can just download stuff and use Traktor/Serato.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Remix Records in Orlando. Probably the best record shop ever.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 33
When i came up making beats we didn't have a record shop. and I was more into sampling opera and orchestra pieces so I ended up in the habit of using places like mp3va.com.. Pretty sure it's just some shady ukrainian site that is definitely not giving money to the artists, but i don't make money off this shit. It's easy to browse by genre and i always find obscure stuff, especially international artists. And you can preview every track too.. super convenient. Like 10c a download.

members online