Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's the thing - the memories. Very different from today's music. Today it's just not the same because there's music coming out everywhere 24/7. We remember when we had to WAIT for a single or album to drop, which made it so much better.

We're sharing instrumentals here, but here's Ice-T's Power LP. LGBNAF always reminds me of Chemistry class when I played it for my friends:

That's the thing - the memories. Very different from today's music. Today it's just not the same because there's music coming out everywhere 24/7. We remember when we had to WAIT for a single or album to drop, which made it so much better.

We're sharing instrumentals here, but here's Ice-T's Power LP. LGBNAF always reminds me of Chemistry class when I played it for my friends:

damn thats fast, must be like 110 bpm or something, reminds me of Jungle Brothers

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I never really got into Ice T, was some of his stuff I listened to. I prefered King T and the Alkaholiks
Those guys were great too, especially King Tee. His early stuff was on point. Alkaholiks had that early to mid-90s shit locked down. I remember E-swift signing up here but never posted.

Dope! When I was living in SA, I loved the fact that the Geto Boys were putting out all kinds of South Texas stuff, it was so dope. One of my favorite groups.
same, I was listening to geto boys when I was in my last year at school. Some of the first hip hop I listened to, along with Public Enemy at the youth club and some EPMD and Big Daddy Kane. But I was really into drum n bass at the time and dance music, my mate convinced me to switch sides after playing me some Das EFX and I became hooked on hip hop, started djing scratching and now Im here.

Those guys were great too, especially King Tee. His early stuff was on point. Alkaholiks had that early to mid-90s shit locked down. I remember E-swift signing up here but never posted.
damn, E Swift, that would have been so dope. Alkaholiks are some of my favorites. They got that east coast, west coast connection going on with Diamond D.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Cool random story: 1988 - I get to school Monday morning. I find out ICE-T did a show in our cafeteria on Friday night!!!! We had a stage there. I was too young to go anyway but it's so random. I was SO into the Power album it was ridiculous. Then his Iceber/Freedom of Speech album came out and I wanted my girlfriend at the time to do a backflip and land on my dick. Didn't happen though. :cry:

members online