Pretty interesting site

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i hate these sites, it takes the fun out of sampling. what happened to the good old days of going out and digging and finding your own samples. today everything is given to producers

4 real ... ive never even fuced with sites like those... i just dont care enough to give a fuck what record so and so used on so and so's album.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
It's my site... ;-P

so tell me whats the point of making a site that lists samples in which producers spend alot of time and energy finding??? i spend tons of time digging and finding these records, i dont know how these producers feel but i would be pissed is someone made a site and posted them for millions to look at.

and like ash said "who cares" wack..............

I

ivan1087

so tell me whats the point of making a site that lists samples in which producers spend alot of time and energy finding??? i spend tons of time digging and finding these records, i dont know how these producers feel but i would be pissed is someone made a site and posted them for millions to look at.

and like ash said "who cares" wack..............

Well, A. I don't just list the samples, I put up links to the original sample and a song that implements it into the beat. Novice producers and pros alike can appreciate both the producer's ability to notice a certain aspect of a song to use for a beat as well as his or her "digging skills" as many samples are relatively obscure. It's really an educational tool for fact-hungry newbie hip-hoppers and/or sentimental purists. B. I don't see how one could angry about it. The fact that a producer can, as stated before, retrieve a loop from an obscure track and transform it into its own masterpiece is incredible. Anybody who hears both the "Sample" and "Example" can tell. And of course, I give the artists their credit.
And finally: the "Sample & Example" label is merely one of several others on my blog which include anything from hip-hop to politics, sports and humor...

I

ivan1087

Well, A. I don't just list the samples, I put up links to the original sample and a song that implements it into the beat. Novice producers and pros alike can appreciate both the producer's ability to notice a certain aspect of a song to use for a beat as well as his or her "digging skills" as many samples are relatively obscure. It's really an educational tool for fact-hungry newbie hip-hoppers and/or sentimental purists. B. I don't see how one could angry about it. The fact that a producer can, as stated before, retrieve a loop from an obscure track and transform it into its own masterpiece is incredible. Anybody who hears both the "Sample" and "Example" can tell. And of course, I give the artists their credit.
And finally: the "Sample & Example" label is merely one of several others on my blog which include anything from hip-hop to politics, sports and humor...

.........no response?

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
here is your response, get off my dick BITCH!!!

i dont think "hip hop newbies" are on looking for what artist used certain samples. it is lazy producers that are getting on your site trying to find a sample that another producer spent hard time finding. if you dig and you run across that sample that someone else used then fuck it, i know that you can flip samples any certain way, sample flippage section!!! its giving people those ill samples and having to do no work. why no post the sample and not the name of it so they can just see how the producer flipped it??? ask any producer that uses samples they want to find those rare records and for someone like you to post it on the web is bullshit in my opinion. but the web is full of a bunch of shit i dont like, so i cant stop you, just giving you my opinion.

and why you just come to the ill to talk about your gay site, join the forums and talk about other shit or eat a dick!

objektivone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
^ I disagree. I love hearing a producer and wondering what they used because sometimes I like to hear how good they are at flipping it. It is an artform and every producer flips a sample completely different. Being able to hear those styles and the way different dudes flip takes you out of your one way of looking at sample and allows you to look at it in a completely different way.

Plus education about hip hop is a great thing. You can still dig hard and you can still find ill samples and you can still flip them all you want, but whenever I flip a sample and finish the beat the first thing I do is go to a directory and see who has registered it... why? Because I want to see someone else's touch on it. Also, it allows me to learn about the past.

And why are you bashing on someone's hard work anyways? Maybe you need to spend some time on that sight and learn about the past.

Plus not to mention he didn't even make the post about his site someone else did.
He just mentioned later on in the post it was his.

I

ivan1087

^ I disagree. I love hearing a producer and wondering what they used because sometimes I like to hear how good they are at flipping it. It is an artform and every producer flips a sample completely different. Being able to hear those styles and the way different dudes flip takes you out of your one way of looking at sample and allows you to look at it in a completely different way.

Plus education about hip hop is a great thing. You can still dig hard and you can still find ill samples and you can still flip them all you want, but whenever I flip a sample and finish the beat the first thing I do is go to a directory and see who has registered it... why? Because I want to see someone else's touch on it. Also, it allows me to learn about the past.

And why are you bashing on someone's hard work anyways? Maybe you need to spend some time on that sight and learn about the past.

Plus not to mention he didn't even make the post about his site someone else did.
He just mentioned later on in the post it was his.
Yup, I'm glad objectivone gets it. Lemme ask you this grafik: Do you have any beef with www.the-breaks.com ?

You got a twisted opinion on hip-hop man. It's all about education and progression.

ask any producer that uses samples they want to find those rare records and for someone like you to post it on the web is bullshit in my opinion.

Only bustas use the same samples that legends use. For instance, "I Choose You" from the Mack album used for the UGK/OutKast will and should be forever banned from being resampled......

Shouts to objektivone for understanding the purpose.....smh @ grafik.......

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
both of you eat a dick! i guess we have two different opinions on this subject. I dont feel like i need to explain myself anymore

site is WACK! who cares what producer used what sample, you need to spend more time finding your own samples and stop worrying about what other producers used to make a tracks! DONE!

ps, i know he didnt post his site but the only reason he comes to the ill now is for this thread, so why join the forums, i mean dude has 4 posts and all of them on this thread!

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Only bustas use the same samples that legends use. For instance, "I Choose You" from the Mack album used for the UGK/OutKast will and should be forever banned from being resampled......

so why post these samples????? to learn, then post the sample with no name! you are posting samples then saying that certain samples should be banned, you make no sense homie.............

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
here is your response, get off my dick BITCH!!!

i dont think "hip hop newbies" are on looking for what artist used certain samples. it is lazy producers that are getting on your site trying to find a sample that another producer spent hard time finding. if you dig and you run across that sample that someone else used then fuck it, i know that you can flip samples any certain way, sample flippage section!!! its giving people those ill samples and having to do no work. why no post the sample and not the name of it so they can just see how the producer flipped it??? ask any producer that uses samples they want to find those rare records and for someone like you to post it on the web is bullshit in my opinion. but the web is full of a bunch of shit i dont like, so i cant stop you, just giving you my opinion.

and why you just come to the ill to talk about your gay site, join the forums and talk about other shit or eat a dick!

Oh shit, Grafik's back...

What's up homey?

members online