Pro Tools and Reason REWIRED!

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sup ILL hope everyone is busy bringin the heat! Quick question tho....I was fortunate enough to receive an internship at a major studio here in the Dallas area, check us out at www.nexxusmediagroup.com anyway having no desire to learn Pro Tools in the past..now its a must. So can someone walk me through the best way to rewire Reason to Pro Tools, well actually the rewire connection is easy i got that. But my prob is i cant record the audio from Reason into PTools. I searched and found this lil article, but this way seems like the long way around.

In order to print the outputs of Reason to audio, you must connect the path that Reason is inserted on to an audio track in Pro Tools with unused Busses.

1. Create 1 new stereo audio track in Pro Tools.
2. Set the input of the sudio track to a stereo pair of unused busses such as bus 15-16 stereo.
3. Set the output of the track that Reason is inserted on to the same pair of busses.
In this example bus 15-16 stereo.
4. Make sure you have Pro Tools set to Input only monitor.
5. Record-enable the audio track.
6. Play the session to verify signal in both the track that Reason is inserted onto, and the audio track that you are going to record onto.
7. Record Reason onto the audio track.
8. Once you have printed Reason to audio, take the record enable off for the audio track and verify playback.
9. Make Reason inactive in the session. This is done by Control + Windows clicking (Control + Command click Mac). This will free up CPU resources used by this plug-in.
10. Quit the Reason application. This will free up any further resources used by this application. Remember to save if appropriate.

So if any of the fam knows of a better way, the knowledge would be appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Lon

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Congrats on the internship man! I checked out the link and damn, I was wondering what happened to dj snake not too long ago. Munchies for your BASS!!!!!

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
LOL..yeah man..he's in there doin' his thang...works mostly in Atl now...doin pretty good...thanks for the congrats fam