Pro Tools Help Needed!!!!!

drebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I guess this is something i should already know........ but i dont so there!:nope:
I'm trying to automate my mixes but i'm lost. Can someone help me? PLEEEZZ!!!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
oh man I wish I could help.
This is a feature that is cool and I have watched it done...often...on my own protools....
but I never use it :)
You have Queen City on your location if thats Charlotte then PM me and I'll give you my # we my be able to hash it out.
My style is a little less automated,I undestand the theory and have seen it. It has to do with the pencil icon and those buttons on the side.lol.
The protool masters here will smack me.
Get at me .

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
ok.....this is soooooooo E LA Mentry.....naw JK.....basically what you have to do is first record or dump your mix.....then starting off simple say you have a kick, snare, hi hat and bass on separate channels dumped.....what you do is you can set up a group for the kick and the snare....so if you click mute it mutes them both..........in the graphics I used protools Le, I shifted + left mouseclicked on midi 2, 3 and 7 and created the mix group called "new"......so if i mute or control the volume fader it will control those 3 channels.....then once i am ready to record my automation I just record my automation by enabling my auto off for the mix to auto write to record my muting and group controls.....thats just the basics but I put up some lo resolution graphics of what I do as an example....

Attachments

• mix.GIF
    mix.GIF
    53.1 KB · Views: 151
  • mix2.GIF
    mix2.GIF
    45.7 KB · Views: 160
B

Burna

Relic said:
lol my way is so completely destructive.
I just highlight and clear in the waves view of where I want those breaks..
I was impatient and buzzed, it worked tho, but its permanent.
*Ducks manual thrown at him* oh there is no manual.

LOLOL! I feel that one, ::Hides the manual behind the dog food:: What manual? LOL!