pro tools NeoAccess error????

ill o.g.
anyone know what a Neoaccess error is in pro tools? all of the sudden i try to record a track and when i press stop to end the recording it says "cannot complete request due to neoaccess error? I have no idea what to do about it. Anyone know what this is all about? and what the hell is Neoaccess? I cant find anything about it in the manuel or anything
any info on this would be greatly appreciated yall!

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
you need to delete your preferences files. I think theres a DAE Prefs file, and a PT Prefs file. I'm not sure if you're using a Mac or Windows, but on a Mac the prefs are located in a preferences foler in the Library foler of your MacHD..

What you should probably do is go to www.digidesign.com, and there is a support page. You submit a support request or send an email or whatever, and let them know the exact error. They will email you back with the support you need...

ill o.g.
thanks for the help i haven't tried it yet cuz i haven't been at my house with my protools station but what is the digidatabase where can i find that

djswivel so i go to the library folder and inside is the prefs folder, what exactly do i delete in there?

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
What I would check on this, just to be sure (and I'm just throwing something up in the air; could be wrong on this one) is check your access to the actual folder of the session where you're trying to record.

I've had sessions where someone would send me the files and folders and all the folders are set to "read only". This means I can't write to them, nor save, nor record to these folders. If the "audio files" folder doesn't have you added to "read and write" then you can't record. So right click the folder that your audio files are in (and every parent folder above, just to be sure) and see if you're able to read and write.

--just a thought. Like I said, I could be wrong, and don't recall getting a "Neoaccess error"

members online