pro tools question

• Thread starter Equality 7-2521
  • Start date
E

Equality 7-2521

is protools le only compatible with an mbox or 002? (the soundcards which are included in the package)

im wondering can you use protools le with a different soundcard like an m-audio firewire or is it not compatible?

thanks

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I am about 99.99999% sure you need to have the Digi outboard gear to use it with LE.....otherwise download protools free if you must use protools and don't have the gear......I suggest Logic.....it is one of the most powerful Pieces of software I have used, and I have protools, Cubase & Sonar......the EXS24 sampler is the best part of the program....

C

Copenhagen

Yes, any ProTools, that is not the free version, needs it's hardware to operate.

SyN

SUICYCO MANIA
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
basically... like how all the other software out there has keys and dongles to make their software work on your computer... that is what the protools hardware does for protools... there is a encoded chip in the hardware that lets you open up protools... you have to have the hardware... life would be too simple otherwise

E

Equality 7-2521

thanks fellas.

yeah big d imna def check out logic. a mate of mine said he will get it for me so yeah ill see what all the fuss is about.

peace

Aeast

ill o.g.
yeah goo old proprietary Pro tools

you cant even use new versions of pro tools with the old hardware
they sure now how to make their money

i also hear that sampletank crashes in the newest version of pro tools if anyone has had this problem let me know wus good

Frictionbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
audio media III

You can use The Audio Media III sound card with Pro tools LE. Thats the only one I know of.

Yes, I have SampleTank for Pro-tools, and I do have a lot of problems with it for some reason. The best program I used for Midi is Cubase SX 2/3 and now im currently working with Sonar 4 and its seems to be great to for Midi. But Pro Tools needs some help in the Midi section. But as far as audio recording, Pro Tools along with Reason 2.5 Rule!

-Friction

SyN

SUICYCO MANIA
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
the audio media III card can be used with protools because it is also made by Digidesign... Protools LE will work with: Digi001, Digi002, Digi002Rack, Mbox, and Audio Media III...

as far as the midi in protools, i used to use Digital Performer for all my midi programing and then import the midi file into Protools for editing and tracking... but now, Protools has came a long way with their MIDI implementation and i have been using using pretty much only protools for all my sequencing since Protools Version 5.0.1 and especially after version 5.1... I will not leave it now... it is sooo much better just doing everything all in one program... and all of your functions and tools work the same for the MIDI and the Audio in PT...