Pro Tools

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
Yo my boy is gettin me Protools, i'm gonna cop a g4 and digi design, what else do i need?? cause i'm kind of unsure. I use an mpc 2000 xl, and triton extreme. I got a piece of shit mixer that i use for my mk 1210, so i probably need a new mixer to. What else should i get? What kind of mixer should i get??

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I feel if your not gona use the mixer for mixing down the track to a source outside the computer you really don't need a mixer with a lot of inputs but a mixer that gives you good sound. I have a motu 828 and a mv 8000 and motif es and a nord lead and the mixer I have is a mackie 6303. The mix has about 4 inputs. Since I'm not gona send the track back out the motu 828 to mix down to tape or some other source I just hook up the mv extra 6 outputs to the motu and the motif or nord lead to my adat interface and record everything right in the motu. Ill use the stereo outs on the motu and send the over all mix to my mixer board but really don't use it to mix cause my track count is in the high 20 range. I pretty much use my mixer to output the sound from my gear and the motu. My monitors are connected to mixer. That's just my two cents. And by the way the mixer on cost 100 dollars.