Pro tools

light

Producer
ill o.g.
Im using pro tools 5.1 to do my multitracking and when I do a couple of takes I end up recording a crazy static sound, along with my vocals or what ever else Im recording. I have to close the session and reopen it before I can record clean again. any help would be aprecieated. thanx

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
What kind of soundcard do you have? Seems like it would be either that or your input connection.

Maybe you need to update the drivers for your soundcard. But it's hard for me to guess.

Give us a few more details like:
-which version of Windows you have
-what soundcard
-what drivers
-what other programs you have running

And what kind of static? Do you mean you get a distorted sound? Or a clicking/pop sound?

N

Njoy

Are you having the same problem when you use another program? You need to do a trial and error thing. :moon:

light

Producer
ill o.g.
the sound is a crackly sound that gets louder when the vocals get louder and is silent when quiet. Im using an audiophile 24/96 audio card and the drivers that came with that.

the sound doesnt happen in any of the other audio programs that I use. (fruity loops, sound forge, winamp)

light

Producer
ill o.g.
oh yeah... Im usin win 98 and I have no other programs running.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well if you're not getting any static sound with the other programs, then maybe you can try re-installing Pro Tools and see if that helps.

If you've isolated it to being just Pro Tools, then it has to be either the drivers, or the program itself. But for something like this, it seems to me that it would be the drivers. Even though you're using the ones that came with the program, the company might have updated their drivers. So go to their site and see if there are any recent updates.

B

balddee

pro tools noise problem

yo light, I would suggest since you are working on the PC platform that you should check out your device manager, go under the computer properties and make sure that the audiophile card isn't sharing its irq with any other hardware. The only thing that should be sharing with the audio file should be something called PCI steering. If you do find that there are other things sharing with the audio card and pci steering then you are going to have to move the card to another pci slot to break up the conflict. Once the card is on a IRQ by itself all should be cool. I would also suggest that you should reduce you systems graphic acceleration. This could also cause the same problem. Check out these options and holla back

members online