Producer/MC?

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Just would like to get your views on the following:
Do you feel that producers who also rhyme, make better producers? I hope I got this across right. Here's what I mean:
I consider myself a producer who has good ear for hip hop music. I don't rhyme. However, I think that if I can get myself to "spit" a few bars to my joints, I would improve my beat making skills. I am not saying I want to be an mc...just simply that if I could get myself to write something to my beats, I would help myself.

Big ups to the site for letting peeps like us get our views out!

One.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Rob-Les, I feel that if you "think" it improves your producing then go for it. It's all about what makes you feel comfortable in what you're doing. It's kinda like a quarter back wearing the same pair of socks at every game. If he feels that the socks improve his game or enhances his performance, by all means, WEAR THE SOCKS! If "spitting" on a mic will enhance your producing, by all means, SPIT!

no doubt,--dac

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yo dac has got it dog,for me i get frustrated when i try to spit over my beats so i leave it up to other people to spit,when i rhyme i build the beat around the rhyme.........the body will not achive,what the mind cannot conceive

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
i rhyme and it does help me -- but sometimes i find that the beat helps me rhyme too -- i might sit and write an entire track after being inspired

members online