Producer's bio...

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Well-written biography highlighting your style, influences, location, and brief description of your discography.
Interesting facts about your company, business cards, recent press releases.

Thanks Relic xxx

I think Im gonna ask the old editor in chef from Scratch Mag to help me with this. If he can't, I'll be back here in square 1.

My bio is crap, i really need to start getting the business side of my music into gear, Ive been slacking. As for photos, Ive never thought myself to be very photogenic, and neither have all the broken cameras and mirrors.
Im gonna have to pay an inordinate amount of money to get pics of me looking cool, lol
Im losing faith in a world where everything costs bloody money, the one thing I have little of.
It aint what you know, its how many rich mates you have.
P Gyal Ill do yours if you do mine!

Sounds like the way I hit on girls in junior school, lol

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
My bio is crap, i really need to start getting the business side of my music into gear, Ive been slacking. As for photos, Ive never thought myself to be very photogenic, and neither have all the broken cameras and mirrors.
Im gonna have to pay an inordinate amount of money to get pics of me looking cool, lol
Im losing faith in a world where everything costs bloody money, the one thing I have little of.
It aint what you know, its how many rich mates you have.

Sounds like the way I hit on girls in junior school, lol

LOL so your honestly like this ugly as hell bloke?
Just throw some shades on and a baseball cap to the side and you mean mug the camera and your done!

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Well-written biography highlighting your style, influences, location, and brief description of your discography.
Interesting facts about your company, business cards, recent press releases.

Thanks Relic xxx

I think Im gonna ask the old editor in chef from Scratch Mag to help me with this. If he can't, I'll be back here in square 1.

Producer Press Kits/Bios are a lil' bit different from your standard artist press kit due to the fact that they are marketed differently.

The fundamental difference is Artists are marketed by what's "now" or what they are doing currently and producers are marketed by their entire body of work.

It requires a different approach especially if the placements aren't there, if you're unsure then
talk to someone in radio, tv, or magazines because they handle press kits all day every day.

I could go on for days about the subject but if you seriously need help with writing a bio/press release, or what you (in particular) will need to compose a press kit, etc then hit me up on the PM and I'll get you on the right track moving forward.

--Relic I did a blowing up article on the essentials of the press kit, still should be in there and the info is still relevant.

LOL so your honestly like this ugly as hell bloke?
Just throw some shades on and a baseball cap to the side and you mean mug the camera and your done!

Yeah this cat here fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down landed on a trampoline and just kept on hitting branches.

Well they made Will Young look hard so its not that impossible, lol

Shadeed, you always drop some great wisdom, props.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
Yeah this cat here fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down landed on a trampoline and just kept on hitting branches.

Well they made Will Young look hard so its not that impossible, lol

Shadeed, you always drop some great wisdom, props.

damn 2good ... so ur avatar really is actually a headshot ..... ouch

relics advice would work. but then again their are producers who never show there face.. like stuope from jedi mind tricks... bios are fairly easy to write ... you just write about yourself, but exaggerate and fluff up all of your projects and accomplishments..... its kinda like writing a good resume for a corporate job!... leave out the bad and exagerrate the good!.... my advice would be dont be humble.. if u feel ur the best at something, say it without regret!... theres too many other producers and the competition is too stiff to be soft/timid. imo that humble shit gets ur shit thrown right in the trash can... u wanna come of as the SHIT on paper... but of course still be humble and cool in person

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
damn 2good ... so ur avatar really is actually a headshot ..... ouch

relics advice would work. but then again their are producers who never show there face.. like stuope from jedi mind tricks... bios are fairly easy to write ... you just write about yourself, but exaggerate and fluff up all of your projects and accomplishments..... its kinda like writing a good resume for a corporate job!... leave out the bad and exagerrate the good!.... my advice would be dont be humble.. if u feel ur the best at something, say it without regret!... theres too many other producers and the competition is too stiff to be soft/timid. imo that humble shit gets ur shit thrown right in the trash can... u wanna come of as the SHIT on paper... but of course still be humble and cool in person
===================

Your advice is the main reason why anybody who is serious about their career should just seek out a good bio writer. The key here is that a good writer can take the accomplishments of a producer and embellish - it is very difficult for somebody to write well about themselves and "brag" so to speak.

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Anyone that wants to see how a good press kit looks drop me a PM with
your email and I'll show you how mine looks when I submit emails.

- Professional Pics
- Small Bio/Write up
- Notable Credits
- 1 Produced Song W/Artist
- Beat Sampler

members online