Professional Mics And Compressors

jwalk

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ok Im Loaded On Triton Mpc's And Motiffs For Mmy Beats But Now Im Looking Into Recording Vocals In My Studio Instead Of Going Elsewhere Im Lokking To Buy Some Mics And Stuff For Professional Quality Sound But I Have A Few Questions Before I Do

1 Should I Get A Iso Booth I Was Thinking Build One Or Buy One Strait From Guitar Center But Are They Really Need

2 Do I Need A Compressor Or Pre Amp For A Mic Like I Heard The Avalon Is Pretty Good But Do I Really Need It

3 What Are You Best Professional Quality Condensor Mic I Can Get Thats Around The 500-1000 Price Range And If I Get One Will I Need 1or Any Of The Above

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
in my opinion in that price range the cad vx2 is king (if you can find one) they sometimes go for that price on ebay. I think with the growing quality of vst compression (i.e golden compressor) i think it is the mic, preamp, and ad convertors that matter. As far as preamps go something from the focusrite isa or red range would definitely suffice (there is a nice channel strip i think it is the isa 430) that you can add quality a/d converotrs to.

I myself use the combination of cad vx2 and isa 428 on rap vocals or ocassionally sm58 or beyer m260 or nuemann km86.....

the avalon is also a good option i personally think the isa 430 is better bang for the buck. (and definitely check out the cadvx2 (my first choice in that price range) or the rode classic 2 or even the se electronic gemini (i think it is)